ALL >> Service >> View Article
Helpful Tips For Replacing A Toilet From Your Thousand Oaks Plumber
Total Articles: 76
Whether you’ve discovered leaks and water damage, or you’re planning on remodeling your bathroom, you need to undergo the task of replacing your toilet. Although it is an intimidating feat, replacing your toilet does not require the expertise of a professional plumber. You can replace your toilet on your own by following these tips from your Thousand Oaks plumber.
To begin, close the supply valve to shut off the water supply to the toilet. After you’ve removed the tank lid, flush the toilet and let water drain from the tank. If there is excess water in the tank, simply apply a sponge to soak up the remaining water. Use a plunger to remove water from the bowl.
With an open-ended wrench, remove the caps and nuts from the base of the bowl. If you find a nut that is rusted to the bolt, you can break it off.
To begin to remove the toilet, simply disconnect the supply tube from the toilet. Gently rock the toilet back and forth and make sure to carefully lift it off the flange. Cover the drain opening with an old rag to prevent sewer gases from festering in your bathroom.
Position the new bolt in the flange. The bolts should be pointing up. Replace the rag with a wax seal on the flange. Apply a deep-seat wax onto the bolts.
Next, attach the tank to the bowl. To do this, you need to set the tank seal so you can place the tank of the bowl. Insert the tank bolts through the corresponding holes. Be sure to tighten the bolts until the tank is stable. You do not want to over-tighten the bolts, however, as you could crack the porcelain.
Finally, install the new water closet. Begin by slowly setting the tank and bowl assembly onto the wax seal. Be mindful of lining up the bolts with the holes in the bowl. Next, tighten the nuts onto the bowl until it doesn’t wobble. Reconnect the supply valve to the tank. Refill the tank and watch for leaks. After you’ve attached the seat, you can pat yourself on the back because you just installed a new toilet.
Plumbing projects can be intimidating but when you follow these steps from a Thousand Oaks plumber, you can conquer any project.
Service Articles1. Is It Necessary To Hire A Flat Rate Locksmith For Your San Diego Home?
Author: Robert Smith
2. Five Things You Should Know About Embroidery Digitizing
Author: Rahul Kulkarni
3. Virtual Reality In Architectural Design
Author: Kuldeep Bwail
4. 4 Reasons To Hire A Full Home Moving Package Service
Author: Angel Raika
5. Myths And Facts: Regarding Heartworms In Dogs And Mammals
Author: Carol Peter
6. Pogo Customer Support Call: +1-844-305-3103
Author: Pogo Customer Support
7. What Are The Advantages Of Mesh Banner Printing?
Author: Josh Narula
8. Solution Bridge-home Services Jaipur
Author: Solution Bridge
9. Industriesstory - The Leading Online News Portal Is Offering The Great Opportunity For The Entrepren
Author: Industries Story
10. The Role Of A Photo Booth In Every Occasion
Author: iPhoto Lounge
11. Video Production Atlanta – Atlanta Training Videos Should Be Interactive And Engaging!
Author: William Brown
12. Learning English
Author: James Walker is a quality essay writer
13. Choose Your Luxury Cab Rental
Author: Mega Cabs
14. How To Troubleshoot Dell Printer Error 016-302
Author: Lena Smith
15. 13x Molecular Sieve For Oxygen Generator