ALL >> Service >> View Article
Helpful Tips For Replacing A Toilet From Your Thousand Oaks Plumber
Total Articles: 76
Whether you’ve discovered leaks and water damage, or you’re planning on remodeling your bathroom, you need to undergo the task of replacing your toilet. Although it is an intimidating feat, replacing your toilet does not require the expertise of a professional plumber. You can replace your toilet on your own by following these tips from your Thousand Oaks plumber.
To begin, close the supply valve to shut off the water supply to the toilet. After you’ve removed the tank lid, flush the toilet and let water drain from the tank. If there is excess water in the tank, simply apply a sponge to soak up the remaining water. Use a plunger to remove water from the bowl.
With an open-ended wrench, remove the caps and nuts from the base of the bowl. If you find a nut that is rusted to the bolt, you can break it off.
To begin to remove the toilet, simply disconnect the supply tube from the toilet. Gently rock the toilet back and forth and make sure to carefully lift it off the flange. Cover the drain opening with an old rag to prevent sewer gases from festering in your bathroom.
Position the new bolt in the flange. The bolts should be pointing up. Replace the rag with a wax seal on the flange. Apply a deep-seat wax onto the bolts.
Next, attach the tank to the bowl. To do this, you need to set the tank seal so you can place the tank of the bowl. Insert the tank bolts through the corresponding holes. Be sure to tighten the bolts until the tank is stable. You do not want to over-tighten the bolts, however, as you could crack the porcelain.
Finally, install the new water closet. Begin by slowly setting the tank and bowl assembly onto the wax seal. Be mindful of lining up the bolts with the holes in the bowl. Next, tighten the nuts onto the bowl until it doesn’t wobble. Reconnect the supply valve to the tank. Refill the tank and watch for leaks. After you’ve attached the seat, you can pat yourself on the back because you just installed a new toilet.
Plumbing projects can be intimidating but when you follow these steps from a Thousand Oaks plumber, you can conquer any project.
Service Articles1. Hp Support Number 1800-518-2390 Total Resolve Hp Technical Issues
2. Dufast International - First Class Providers Of Bolts And Nuts
Author: Dufast International
3. Changing Demographics Call For Loader Control Considerations
Author: Derrick Corea
4. Zohomail Customer Service
Author: Zohomail Customer Service
5. Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Car Transport Company
Author: Antonella Papamakarios
6. Benefits And Risks Of Clinical Trials
7. Managing Virtual Design And Construction In The Us
Author: Kuldeep Bwail
8. Learners License Cape Town Can Establish You As A Safe And Confident Driver!
Author: Peter Horton
9. Choosing The Right Text Marketing Service For Your Business
Author: TekHook India
10. Complete knowledge about hotmail
Author: marco mical
11. A Brief Note On The Advantages Of Window Cleaning Services
12. Love Marriage Specialist Baba Ji
13. 6 Exclusive Reasons Why Car Leasing Is A Better Option For You
Author: Rob Porter
14. Want To Have The Latest Information? - Join Online Resource Directory For General Contractors
Author: John Smith
15. Samsung Appliance Repair Service
Author: Samsung Appliance Repair Service