ALL >> Health >> View Article
At Home Dental Care Tips Recommended By Your Dentist In Malibu
Total Articles: 75
Everyone loves a healthy, beautiful smile. But when it comes to oral hygiene, Americans don’t take it too seriously. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about half of American Adults have gum disease and tooth decay. About one-fourth of Americans 65 or older have lost all of their teeth. In addition to the pain and discomfort dental diseases cause, they are also costly. Luckily, oral health problems like gum disease are preventable. Here are some actions you can take in between visits to your dentist in Malibu.
Brush Your Teeth
• While this tip seems obvious, you may be surprised to learn that only about 57% of women and 49% of men brush their teeth twice a day. What’s even more shocking is that many of the people who do brush their teeth twice a day may be brushing incorrectly. So when you reach for your toothbrush every morning when you wake up and every night before you go to bed remember these steps for proper brushing:
o Use a soft bristled brush.
o Your brush should be small enough to fit into your mouth and reach every tooth with ease.
o Hold your brush at a 45-degree angle in order to clean along the gum line.
o Don’t forget to reach the inner and chewing surfaces.
o Your tongue hosts bacteria, brush it to remove the bacteria and have fresh breath!
o Replace your brush every three to four months, depending on the condition of the bristles.
Don’t Skip Flossing
• Just like brushing, flossing is crucial to dental health but half of American adults skip flossing. Floss at least once a day to remove the plaque between your teeth. If plaque goes ignored, it can harden and turn into cavity-causing tartar, which can only be removed professionally.
Your Diet Matters
• A balanced diet to critical for a healthy body, but did you know that it is necessary for a healthy mouth as well? If your diet is lacking in vitamin-rich nutrients, your teeth will show it. Make sure to avoid foods that can damage your teeth like hard candy, crunchy chips, sticky dried fruits, and citrus.
The benefits of good dental hygiene go beyond a beautiful smile: Your oral health affects your overall health, so a healthy smile is a healthy you. Make these tips your daily dental habits and visit your dentist in Malibu twice a year for check-ups and cleaning.
Health Articles1. Sensory Integration|best Pediatric Physiotherapists In Hulimavu,bangalore
Author: Sumitha Hemavathy
2. Everything About Vitamin B12
Author: DR. Sarika Nair
3. Modafinil Tablets Boost Executive Functions
Author: Lewis Paul
4. The Significance Of Dental Care To Your Overall Health
Author: Donnell Nash
5. Can Counselling Get You Out Of A Bad Relationship?
Author: Richard Gosling
6. 6 Herbal Extracts That Treat Daily Health Concerns Naturally
Author: Quantum Naturals
7. Tips For Ivf Success By Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
8. Pros And Cons Of Plastic Surgery
Author: Kelly Sanchez
9. How To Know The Effect Of The Invisalign Treatment?
Author: Joseph Donald
10. Heart: Care For It And Live Longer
11. How To Find The Perfect Orthodontist In Lafayette?
Author: Thomas Mark
12. Chose The Best In Orthopedic
Author: Sandeep Tomar
13. How Effective Are The Lung Test Devices And How Can It Keep You Healthy?
Author: Natasha Adhikary
14. The Best Cardiologists In India: Dr Naresh Trehan & Dr Ashok Seth
Author: Medical Services of India
15. Why You Should Go For Fermenting Foods And Vegetables
Author: Kriben Govender