ALL >> Health >> View Article
Visiting Your Dentist In Malibu Can Prevent Periodontal Disease!
Total Articles: 75
Although there is less of an emphasis on dentistry as being on the level of importance of medical health, the mouth or oral cavity is one of the most important parts of the human body that allow for easier living conditions with a mouth that has healthy teeth and gums. Making regular visits to your dentist in Malibu is especially important if you wish to keep your mouth in optimal condition and free of oral diseases like dental caries and periodontal disease. When you fail to take care of your mouth and maintain a state of poor oral hygiene, you will be more susceptible to gingivitis and tooth decay, two of the most common oral diseases. By making sure to make regular visits to your dentist and practicing good oral hygiene, you can maintain a healthy mouth and live free of oral health problems.
When the mouth is not cleaned on a regular basis and bacterial biofilms (namely plaque) form on the surfaces of teeth, the first steps of periodontal disease are occurring, and gingivitis may be on its way. This disease is a non-destructive periodontal disease as it can be reversed by practicing good dental hygiene. However, if gingivitis is not controlled, it can exacerbate and become periodontitis, in which the inflammation of gums result in tissue destruction. In the end, periodontitis will result in the loss of teeth. Because of the severity of this disease, it is crucial to address the problem while it is in the stages in which it can still be reversed.
When periodontitis occurs, the gums will be red and may bleed when brushing teeth or using dental floss. It can cause the recurring swelling in the gums, deep pockets between the teeth and gums, halitosis, loose teeth, and gingival recession. When you begin to experience the symptoms of periodontitis, it is important that the necessary steps are taken in order to prevent it from worsening, and to possibly restore your gums from detaching. If scaling and debridement are not successful in treating the periodontitis, a surgical procedure may be required to regenerate lost bone and tissue.
When the treatment for periodontitis has been completed, regular maintenance is required in order to closely monitor the status of your mouth in case the disease recurs. When the gums have been restored, it is essential to practice good hygiene habits to keep periodontitis from coming back. When you need to get treatment for your teeth or gums, you need to visit your dentist in Malibu at Calabasas Smiles.
Health Articles1. Things You Can Do If Your Gums Are Bleeding
Author: Dr. Lakhwinder Singh
2. Paresthesia Could Cause Loss Of Male Organ Sensation
Author: John Dugan
3. Buy Adderall Xr 20 Mg Online Usa | @whitepear.store
4. Weight Reduction Herbs
5. Diy Treatments For Common Skin Concerns
Author: Dr mithra
6. Join Occupational First Aid Course To Serve As A First Aid Responder In Times Of Medical Emergency C
7. Qualities In A Pediatrician You Must Look For
Author: ponting brown
8. Remain In The Best Of Health With Pure Noni Products Of Salveo
9. Planning To Attend A Cme Medical Conference In Toronto? | Emedevents
10. Male Organ Skin And Vitamin D: A Healthy Combo
Author: John Dugan
11. How Do Invisible Braces Help Everyone In Your Family
Author: Joseph Donald
12. How A General Dentist Can Improve Your Oral Health
Author: Abel Abraham
13. How To Compare Invisible Braces To The Traditional Braces
Author: Malachi Mixon
14. Right Cosmetic Surgery Rectify Body And Facial Features
Author: opus clinic
15. Enjoy Monsoon Season With These Hair Care Tips
Author: Pankaj Singhal