ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Travelling Around Singapore Using The Public Transport Service
Total Articles: 348
Singapore is quite successful in building their public transport a cheap and viable option for all backpackers. Though in other terms the city is seen as quite expensive, but the transportation system here sticks to a reasonable budget that fits every traveller’s pocket. In a general point of view, this model of transport system should be followed by all the other big cities in the world.
In the city getting around the public transport system is quite easy and does not take a long time to get the hang of. But at the same time it can be a little scary for the average traveler who knows very little about the place and may only be spending a day or two in the city.
So to help you out with the tactic of navigating your way around this stunning country, here are a few tips and guidelines:
The way you should pay for your transportation in Singapore:
1. The popular EZ Link cards-
The best and coolest way to pay for the transport service in Singapore is to buy one EZ link cards from any MRT station. The EZ cards are basically pre-paid contactless cards that you need to tap onto a scanner and use to pay for your journey on any bus, MRT or LRT service as well as for most of the taxis. These cards can even be used to pay for other services and goods at many of the Singapore malls and restaurants.
Other places to buy these cards are the TransitLink ticket offices or at one of the passenger service centers in any MRT station. After the receipt of the card you can start using it immediately. Another place to buy these cards are the 7 - Eleven store or SingPost outlets where you would need to pay a nominal surcharge. There can also be some concessions for certain groups. You can just use any general ticket machine or the TransitLink machine which is found in most of the SMRT stations to top-up your card. A manned ticket office, online, any 7 - eleven store or a post office are also some of the options of getting your card refilled.
2. The Singapore tourist passes- There is another option, the Singapore Tourist Passes with which you can enjoy unlimited basic MRT and bus rides within Singapore. These passes are available only at selected TransitLink offices within some MRT stations. But you must also keep in mind that the basic bus services do not include night buses.
The tourists can also avail a Singapore Tourist Pass Plus, which is just the same card, but with an extra Funvee open top bus tour and free Bubble Jet ride around the Singapore Bay area.
These passes come with various promotional offers and discounts that you may avail in various stores and services.
Now it entirely depends on which payment option you choose to get the transport service in Singapore. The right choice would depend on your length of stay in Singapore and how frequently you plan to use the public transport.
Martin Luther has travelled to different countries in the world. His travel experience brought him the knowledge that the transport service in Singapore is quite popular world-wide. It is known to be easily available, cost-efficient and advanced at the same time.
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco