ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Collecting Smoking Pipes Can Make A Great Hobby
Total Articles: 21
Hobbies have no explanations. It could be anything and everything collecting which can be your hobby. But collecting pipes is not a rare hobby as many people from all parts of the world find this very interesting. This is not mandatory that the person who collects pipes has to be a smoker. The non-smokers also sometimes take interest in collecting pipes.
The usage of pipes for smoking started long years back which are about 500 years before the birth of Christ. This was introduced to the Europeans by the American Indians at around 16th century and this is how the popularity of pipes grew in all over the world.
Pipes are manufactured with a variety of materials but the commonest of them is Briar wood. The other materials include clay, cherry wood, mesquite, glass and corncobs. Every pipe can be divided into two principal parts which are a bowl and a hollow smoking handle.
Types of Pipes
The variety is seen in the types of pipes as well as in their designs. Apart from the various materials used to manufacture a pipe you will get to see a lot of unique patterns. There are pipes which bear the designs like figures of animals, arctic wolfs, woodpeckers built with ivory etc. The collectors often look for the pipes which have irregular shapes, colors and designs.
The length and bending of the pipes can add up to the uniqueness of the pipe. The ages of the collected pipes matter a lot as well as the quality. In fact the most interesting pipes are those which are made with a combination of materials. Sometimes you will find a pipe with wooden bowl connected with a metal mouthpiece or a combination of corncob with meerschaum.
These are all precious to a person who has taken up collecting pipe s as a hobby. There are many pipes displayed in the private collections which are quite expensive and rare.
Where to Find Unusual Pipes?
You can get thousands of pipes in various stores which sells pipes. But this is not easy to find out a pipe which is different from the general collection. There are some pipe collectors who endorse a particular theme for their collection. It might be a certain century or specific materials they like to display in their collection. But this is not necessary. You can just keep collecting the unusual pipes for yourself.
The best place to find the pipes are the antique shops, auctions and online stores. You can also concentrate on collecting the pipes which bear the culture and designs of different communities and showcase them nicely so that they look extremely interesting. If you are planning to take up collecting pipes as a hobby then this is for your information that it can be looked upon as a good investment.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. 7 Benefits Of Babywearing
Author: Michael Miller
2. Create And Curate Your Personalized Greeting Cards Online Today
Author: Denesh Yadav
3. Advantages Of Jute Which Everyone Must Know!
Author: ZestTex International
4. The Benefits Of Utilizing Caster Wheels
Author: Camren Lewis
5. Give A Beautiful Addition To Your Kitchen With Granite
Author: Antony Allen
6. Online Portals – The Best Medium For Buying Industrial Supplies
Author: Auzaro Industry
7. Find Free Embroidery Fonts Online To Create Beautiful Designs On Your Clothing
8. Openkart: Best Online Shopping Platform For Mobiles & Tablets
9. Interesting Info For You Before Buying Switch Blades For Sale
Author: Leonid Lee
10. The Large Artificial Christmas Trees Do Bring The Original Essence Of Christmas
Author: Aidan McKeddie
11. Why Is It Best To Order Flowers Online?
Author: Amra Kolasinac
12. Send Rose Gift For Valentine’s Day
Author: Mark Wilson
13. Tips For Buying Power Tools Online In India
Author: Auzaro Industry
14. Uncover The Beauty Of Net Sarees
Author: nik vik
15. Technomarine Chronograph Women’s Watches| The Beauty Of Your Wrist