ALL >> General >> View Article
Tips On How To Deal With Tmj Recommended By Your Dentist In Malibu
Total Articles: 10
Many people deal with dental issues on a daily basis, but one of the questions that rarely gets mentioned is called temporomandibular joint syndrome also known as TMJ. It affects the mouth by causing pain to the jaw that connects to the front of your ear. The most obvious way of knowing you have TMJ is when you’re eating food. Your jaw will make a popping sound that becomes annoying, and when you yawn, the pain intensifies. Fortunately, this problem isn’t long term and can be fixed in a short amount of time. Here are some suggestions you can use in between your visits to your dentist in Malibu.
• Use pain medications
You can go to your local drug stores such as CVS pharmacy or Rite Aid and buy Tylenol or Motrin brand. The best recommendation is ibuprofen from the hospital. If you’re an adult, they will give you the 500 mg version that you can use twice a day. Ibuprofen has a stronger effect rather than Advil, and that’s why a person can’t go over 1000mg in a day.
• Eat soft food
It is best to eat soft foods like applesauce, yogurt, oatmeal, and baked potatoes because it puts less pressure on your jaw and gives it time to rest while eating. Usually, when someone has TMJ, it affects one side of their mouth. Therefore, when you eat, stay away from the side that’s affected. For the long term, stay away from sugar, preservatives, and starch. The less sugary foods help rebuild the damage done.
• Use a bite plate
A bite plate is a plastic guard that covers your upper and lower teeth. Sometimes people have a tendency to grind their teeth, and this is one of the reasons why people develop TMJ. You can use this during the day and night while you’re sleeping. Also, try your best to avoid using your jaw as much as possible. The jaw muscle needs to relax so don’t talk unless you have to.
By following these steps, it will help more people who aren’t aware of this disorder to prevent the type of oral pain. Oral health can affect other parts of your body in ways you wouldn’t have thought so take care yourself orally and make sure to visit your dentist in Malibu twice a year for teeth cleaning.
General Articles1. Bridal Robes Are Designed To Make The Bridal Parties Memorable!
Author: John Williams
2. Sony Repair In Manchester
Author: Sana Khan
3. How To Repair A Watch Band
Author: Rosanne Ward
4. Get Control Someone By Black Magic
5. Shimla Tour Packages: 5 Great Family Holiday Packages For Shimla, Manali And Himachal Pradesh
6. How Social Media Management Beneficial For Your Business?
7. Domestic Electricians In Adelaide - Innovators Going Online To Monetize Demand
Author: Brown Ross
8. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Google Jobs
9. A One-stop Shop For Anesthesia Supplies
Author: David Record
10. Drive More Benefits By Using An Efficient Vehicle Management Solution
11. Visit Hayagriva Madav Mandir –hajo Via Leisure Travels
Author: Anowar Hussain
12. Requirements For Attention In The Work Of Cutting Blades
Author: 6 inch es cutting disc
13. What Organic Food Options Are Available?
Author: Eclipse Organic
14. Why You Should Also Use Smart Lighting System?
15. How To Troubleshoot The “windows Cannot Connect To The Printer” Error?
Author: Ben Tennyson