ALL >> Home-Based-Business >> View Article
Checklist For Interstate Home Moving
Total Articles: 41
Moving home interstate is a bit different from moving say within the same apartment block or moving home to a new location nearby. The key difference lies in the quantity and the way materials are going to be packed.
If this is the first time you are moving home interstate, the best way to do it is to create a checklist – this ensures that everything you need to do will get done and in the order it needs to get done. A military-like precision works best and ensures your interstate home move is flawless.
But before you even get down to creating a checklist, know that your checklist will be worth nothing unless your removalist is absolutely top-notch. No amount of planning is going to help if your removalist is hell-bent on doing things their way. Fortunately, we can help you there – our customer feedback research indicates that the best Interstate Removalist in the business is Zoom Removals (http://zoomremovals.com.au/) and they have offices all over Australia. Once you have them as your removalists for your interstate home move, the rest is easy.
A month before the interstate home move
1. Sort out all the stuff you have into “give away”, “discard”, “garage sale” and “keep”.
2. Action the first three. You now know exactly how much is to be moved to your new home.
3. Call Zoom Removals (1300 157 448) and ask them for a standard quote mention the amount of material you have and the location you are moving home to.
4. Figure out if the amount quoted is well within your budget or if you would like it reduced.
5. If you think a reduction would be a big help, revisit your intended D-date and figure out if you would be okay with moving on a Tuesday. Also, if the material to be moved is not much (less than a small truck load?), then you need to ask yourself if you could be flexible as to the delivery schedules.
Zoom Removals waves away their callout rate for any move on Tuesday. However, their major money saver is their Backloading service – something that works on the same lines as a car pool and, lower rates if you are willing to help with the packing and loading.
6. Once you have the interstate removalists sorted out, visit your insurance company and obtain a policy to cover the move – it is better to have it and not need it than to curse your luck if something goes wrong.
Two Weeks before the interstate home move
7. Once your d-day is finalized, visit the offices of the utility providers and alert them to your intention to move. Return library books, rental DVD’s and anything else you may have rented.
8. Ask Zoom Removals for boxes and begin packing items that you do not use often. But before you start, figure out a labelling methodology so you know what is in each box and where it is to be placed in the new home. Create a list as you go.
9. Your garage / basement or attic might be a good place to start. Disassemble and pack any furniture that can be disassembled and which might not be required for immediate use.
10. Settle all your bills.
One week before the interstate home move
11. Sort out your personal baggage especially documents. Keep them safe in one bag that you will personally carry.
12. Back-up your hard-drive; you never know what might happen during the journey.
13. Begin packing the rest starting with items you do not use on a daily basis.
14. Notify friends, postal services and anyone else you deem necessary about your move and the new address and phone numbers.
Three days before the interstate home move
15. Begin packing everything else.
Two days before the interstate home move
16. Defrost, empty and clean the refrigerator.
17. Call the cleaners and arrange for cleaning services for after the move.
Day of the interstate home move
Relax; you’ve done everything you should. Let Zoom Removals take over from here – they have you covered.
Home Based Business Articles1. Radio Frequency Vulcanization
Author: radio frequency vulcanization
2. What Is Swap Home For Vacations
Author: Intervac Home
3. 7 Things You Should Know About Your Air Conditioner
4. A Complete Before Purchasing Commercial Property
Author: liam well
5. Fha Home Loans San Jose
Author: fha home loans san jose
6. Vasthu Shastra - It's Significance In Home Architecture
7. Interior Design School In Chennai
8. Why You Should Skip The Hotel And Stay In A Hostel
Author: Qorichaska Hostel
9. Major Facts That State The Significance Of Charlotte Upholstery Cleaning Services
Author: Adrian Stewart
10. Looking For Colored Wall Plates And Switches? Get Unique Ones Online At The Best Prices
Author: The author is an avid blogger.
11. Upgrade Your Home Value With The Assistance Of An Expert Handyman Services
12. What Skills Do Strengthen The Ability Of A Plumber?
Author: sandy kiwi
13. The Gold Market In Dubai And How To Buy Gold
Author: Harran Ali
14. 7 Ideas To Repurpose Old Furniture At Home
Author: Rajesh Patil
15. 6 Quick Ways To Make Money In Your Neighborhood Without Learning New Skills
Author: Dev Gupta