ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Quality And Durable Thatched Roofing And Re-thatching Services Available
Total Articles: 52
Centuries old technique of building construction thatched roofing has now become quite ‘in-thing’ and a favourite among home owners in the UK. Thatching is now a very popular designing style for both domestic and commercial properties. Even though thatching is a part of the traditional heritage of the UK, the steep prices for both putting up a thatched roof as well as maintaining it do not encourage many to take it up. However, there still are ample of thatched roof admirers for specialist to run a prosperous business based on thatching, re-thatching, repairing and maintaining. The moment we think of the quintessential English countryside, images of thatching come knocking, tempting you with its simplistic charm and classy elegance.
If you are planning to get thatched roofing done for your home or workplace, then the first thing you have to consider is its compatibility with the environment there. For instance, thatching doesn’t work so well if it snows. In case of humid or moisture accumulation, regular maintenance will be able to strengthen the roof. High levels of atmospheric humidity and strong wind can also lead to quicker decay of the roof. Usually thatched roofing once done would have lasted for around fifty years, with repairing or re-thatching.
You need to remember that the performance of your thatched roofing will depend on factors like shape, design, pitch and position of the roof. These roofs are water resistant. An ideal slope would be that of fifty degrees so that the water doesn’t get a chance to affect the structure. Also, thatching works as a natural insulator keeping you warm in winters and cool in the summers. Being lightweight, it doesn’t require the support of a very heavy timber. It doesn’t catch fire very easily and even if it does, the roof alone will hold the fire for a long time before it reaches the rest of the structure. Hence if you want to gift yourself a great thatched roof then you have to be careful about the kind of material being used. Therefore, observe if tradesmen are using the right technique and re-thatching the roof whenever required.
On the flip side, you can also hire the services of a master thatcher who is capable, qualified, skilled and experienced in creating thatched roofing. Such companies employ tradesmen who have not just studied about the art of thatching but also worked as apprentices for quite a long duration to prove their mettle. They can offer you impeccable service for services such as new thatching, re-thatching, repairs, patching, netting, surveying, coating and ridging. A good thatching specialist will be a member of trade associations namely National Society of Master Thatchers, English Heritage and the Guild of Master Craftsmen.
You can start by asking them to do an initial survey. If you find them offering you a competitive quote on either thatched roofing or re-thatching, then you can ask them to commence work as it is suitable for you. There’s more – they will also offer you suggestions and expert advice on various aspects of thatching without any cost, even if you are not getting the entire work done by them.
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy