ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Types Of Awnings And Their Use
Total Articles: 61
Unless you know your awnings, visiting your local awning supplier off the cuff would in all probability lead to a bad purchase or confusion; usually caused by overtly ‘helpful’ sales staff trying to push one type of awnings or the other which might or might not be the most suitable for your intended use or home.
Select awnings based on location of installation
If you are not sure of it, find out the sun path over your home (just Google “sun path Australia”). Then visit your supplier (Apollo Blinds is the top awnings supplier in Australia) to find out the most suitable awning for the windows and doors that you want protected. The awning needs to keep your indoors cool during the summer months and at the same time, add curb appeal to your home.
One of the best reasons to consider awnings is because they save energy costs (by keeping the interiors cool) and therefore, paying for itself through savings in your energy bills. Also, electricity saved equals environment saved.
When buying awnings, depending on how wide and how much you need them to extend from the walls of your home; you could either go in for fixed awnings or retractable awnings. With retractable awnings you can extend them fully or partly depending on the how the sun rays enter your home. Additionally, retractable awnings can be hand-operated via a leaver or motor operated via a remote.
Awnings play a big part in protecting your patio furniture too. They provide a cool shade around your decks, porch or patio.
You can reduce heat due to sun light by as much as 65% by having awnings installed on all your south-facing windows. Unlike awnings covering north facing windows, awnings covering south facing windows should have sides to block sun rays that come in at an angle.
The biggest gain from awnings would come from those fitted over the East and West facing windows and doors. These awnings would prevent as much as 75% of the heat build-up due to sunlight. These awnings too should have sides.
When you enter a Window Blinds and Awning Store, you will find sections relating to window blinds, window awnings, door awnings, retractable patio awnings, Convertible Awnings, canvas roller curtains, Porch Valance, Patio Umbrellas and so on. Choose the appropriate section and ask plenty of questions. Making your home look attractive is only half the story. The other half is to ensure that the awnings you intend to buy fulfil the intended purpose i.e. keeping the interiors cool.
If you plan to fit awnings over the doors, select the fixed kind and the ones that extend sufficiently so the door can be fully opened and still receive adequate protection from sun and the rain. In all cases, ensure the awnings are wide enough so it extends at least half to one meter on either side of the windows or doors.
Get Instant Quote, Top Quality, and Big Range of Awnings online. Call for Quote!
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy