ALL >> General >> View Article
Damp Proofing - The Time Is Now!
Total Articles: 8
At the level of the footings where walls meet the ground, contact with soils wetted by groundwater leads to capillary action elevating it into the masonry. Classically rising to a height of around one metre to leave line on the wall and indicate rising damp’s damaging presence, the water evaporates to leave behind salts which, as they encourage further moisture to be drawn from the air, exacerbate the process.
During the warm summer months, groundwater levels are at a negligible level and sometimes moisture at footing level is completely eliminated. With no moisture source, the walls will dry quickly and be at their most suitable for treatment. Once the damp treatment has been carried out and the moisture in the wall has evaporated, renovation work such as plastering and painting can take place, drying much quicker than normal in the warm air and allowing the area to rapidly become habitable once more.
Containing everything required to effectively treat a large area of wall, the Twistfix Rising Damp Kit is one of the most popular damp proofing solutions in our comprehensive collection. Included is 3 litres of specialist Twistfix damp proof cream which, manufactured using an emulsification process and distributed between eight convenient cartridges, migrates speedily into pores in damp walls when applied; this deep and complete migration creates an effective, lasting chemical damp proof course. Also included are five litres of plastering additive which, once mixed with render, will help to prevent further problems by acting as a salt inhibitor.
For more information on the Twistfix range of damp proofing systems and solutions, please contact our expert team.
General Articles1. Top-rated Equipment For Your Catering Business
Author: Joseph Rubino
2. Downward Spiral Of Panic Attacks
Author: Andrew Mccann
3. Reconditioned Pallets Area Unit A Viable Possibility For Businesses
4. Issues That Can Come Up When You Choose Diy Upholstery Cleaning Job
Author: Alyssa Ramsden
5. Online Fashion Shopping Website For Men & Women
Author: charles mckinney
6. Apnahumsafar Marriage Bureau - No1 | Punjabi Matrimony Site In India
7. Careful Planning & Project Tracking Through Construction Management
Author: BIM Engineering
8. Which External Counter Pulsation Machine Is Better?
Author: kamini mahajan
9. How To Connect Your Printer To Multiple Pcs?
Author: Bradon Wilson
10. How To Make Google Chrome Your Default Web Browser?
Author: Bradon Wilson
11. 7 Best Investment Options In India In 2018
Author: neha sharma
12. Your Kingdom, Your Vapor
Author: Ben Oesterling
13. Best Shimla Kullu Manali Tour Package
14. Best Features Of A Good Dental Clinic
Author: Utkarshas dental center
15. New Home Building Inspections Melbourne
Author: new home building inspections melbourne