ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
When Interviewers Say “do You Have Any Questions For Us?”
Total Articles: 32
A 30-40 minutes of interview session is enough an indication that interviewer has taken interest in the candidate; and might look forward to bring him/her onboard. But having so many candidates eligible to be part of recommended list, interviewers are bound to use some criteria to tick-out the non-relevant ones. This is where they end their conversation with “Do you have any questions for us?”
Candidates are advised not to ruin these closing moments of a successful interview. Make sure to know beforehand what to ask and what to avoid.
What to ask:
1. Can you show me some examples of project that I would be working on?
Showing interest on the project/task for which the company is hiring for, is the most added advantage any candidate can take home. This is the best way an applicant can get to explore about the work and expectations of the company, and can analyse if his/her competency matches with the requirements.
2. How do you see this position contributing to the success of the organisation?
Learning beforehand the expectations of the company from new recruits can help candidates understand the importance of the current role. Candidates should be able to grasp if there is any growth opportunity for them, and how much the company is willing to give importance to their opinions.
3. Do you have any concerns about me or about my qualification that may prevent you from selecting?
This question is a perfect way to indirectly ask the interviewer(s), whether they are going to consider the candidature for further rounds or this is the end of the road for this company. If the reply looks negative, candidates should take it as a feedback to prepare for the next interview process.
4. If I clear this round, what is your timeline for next steps?
Do not leave interview room without asking what would be next in line. If there is next round of interview ask the date. If this is the only one, ask when will company roll out offer letters and when are they looking to bring candidates onboard. This will help candidates to frame their timelines as well for interviews lined up with other companies.
What not to ask:
1. If I am hired, when can I start applying for other positions in the company?
Candidates should realise that they are sitting for an interview for the current position, they have applied for. If at all, the interviewer will be recommending them, it will be on the basis of their relevancy for the current role. Such questions are a clear indication that the applicant is going to leave the project in the middle.
2. How quickly can I be promoted?
The interview is still in progress, and it is not yet confirmed that the candidate will be moving to the next round. Such question only raises the doubts about the stability of the candidates towards current task. Questions like how quickly can you be promoted or prospects of salary increments can only put candidates in a poor light.
3. What is the employee termination procedure here?
Questions like resignation process, notice period, termination benefits are straight hit back on the confidence among the interviewers whether the candidate is going to stay for long or not. The hiring company would show interest in candidates who are genuinely looking to show some credentials with the company in the foreseeable future.
4. Never confirms gossips or rumors:
Rumors are associated with almost everybody in this world. But when sitting for an interview process in a company, it is better to calm the anxiety of confirming the same or indulging in further gossips. Every company expects its employees to be the brand ambassadors. Discussing about the rumors or any current bad branding happened, makes candidates doubting about the company.
For the candidates who are looking actively for a new job, we recommend them to apply only to companies which are using an online resume tracking software. This tool helps companies to track each candidate into various stages, get quick online feedback. The time taken to close a position through online tool has reduced exponentially, against the manual method.
Hardware/Software Articles1. Better Health With Spirulina Supplement
Author: owen thomson
2. Garmin Map Update Error Connecting To Server 1-888 524 8675
Author: Garmin GPS Update
3. Built Strong Relationship With Customer Through Crm Software Company
Author: crm software
4. How To Handle Temporary Staffing Schedules
Author: Edmund Brunetti
5. How Enterprise Mobile Application Development Is Going To Change Your Business Strategies
Author: Emma Watson
6. Natural Gas Conservation Tips And Facts, Gas Billing
7. Transportation Management Software (tms)
Author: Dhwani Khatri
8. How To Achieve Your Desired Target With Mlm Matrix Plan?
Author: MLM Software
9. How Sap Hybris Will Be A Game-changer For Your Business
Author: Sonata Software
10. Global Biometric Sensor Market Growth
11. Shopify Ecommerce Application Development
Author: Abinash Ghosh
12. Why Business Organizations Need Email Archiving?
Author: Frank Bower
13. Samsung Repairs In London – Ukwiderepair.co.uk
14. Reliable Htc Repair Centre In London – Htc Repairer
15. Quick Motorola Repairs – Motorola Repairer