ALL >> Travel >> View Article
2 Things You Should Check Before You Do Anything In The Maldives
Total Articles: 621
The Maldives is one of the most beautiful places in the world with white sand beaches, azure waters and tons of amazing sights and experiences. However, it is also quite an expensive holiday destination and even in this paradise with a carefully calculated budget, there are simple things that, if overlooked could prove to be quite costly. They are:
Taxes And Hidden Costs:
If you’re dining out at Male or at any of the resort restaurants, meals, unless included in your Maldives packages, could be quite expensive. By law, all establishments are required to charge a 10% service charge and an 8 % Goods and Services Tax. Since food has to be imported to Male and then transported to the different resorts, you should expect dining out to be quite expensive. The Goods and Services Tax has been rising rapidly over the past few years so make sure you check exactly how much you will be paying before you tuck into a delicious meal or avail of a service. Also, always make it a point to check your hotel bill in the middle of your trip as well, to avoid any unpleasant surprises through hidden costs.
Wifi Facilities And Costs:
True, the Maldives provide an escape into the most scenic locations on the planet, but in today’s digital age, being connected is the call of the hour. Imagine relaxing in your private villa hoping to catch up on your holiday reading when you realise you can’t access any of your favourite e-books online or clicking amazing pictures you want to share with the world via social media sites and not being able to connect to even one of them. Of course, none of these are really urgent situations, but they could hamper your holiday experience, so it’s always best to know about the wifi facilities provided by your hotel and resorts, and also how much using these facilities will cost you. You’d be surprised to know that while they may have access to internet in their offices, a number of hotels do not provide wifi facilities. And many that do, charge quite a bit for the service, making you wish you’d put off sharing all those selfies for a point in the future.
Just keep these two simple factors in mind before you do anything in the real or the digital world while on your Maldives packages to have a wonderfully happy travel experience.
Seenu Mathew is a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Travelling and photography are his passions. He recently returned from one of the Maldives packages where he learnt certain tips from fellow travellers to help avoid unexpected expenses which he shares in this article.
Travel Articles1. Reduce Your Cost Of Travel With Cheap Flight Deals
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
2. Are You Looking For Bali Holiday Packages
Author: John Weds
3. International Shimla Summer Festival
4. New Zealand Work Permit Consultants
Author: Oasis Resource Management
5. 9 Naturally Beautiful But Uncommon Places To Visit In Delhi
Author: jagjit singh
6. How To Search A Good Taxi Service In Udaipur
7. Travel Technology Solutions Can Help Your Business Grow!
Author: Glenn Dean
8. 6 Doubts About Work Visa To Be Cleared By You
Author: Jason Briggs
9. Best Monsoon Treks In Nepal
Author: Basanta Limbu
10. Enjoy Trekking In Beautiful Destination To Make Your Vacation Joyful
11. Rejoice Well By Planning To Upper Mustang Trekking Anytime
12. Perto Princesa: Home Of The Longest Underground River
13. Take The Better Trekking Experience In Nepal Region
14. Delightful And Adventurous Upper Mustang Trek For This Vacation
15. Fairy Tale Worthy Honeymoon Experiences With Car Service Of Sacramento
Author: Enny Lee