ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Home Builder Sydney Series: One Storey Or Two?
Total Articles: 52
Home Builder Sydney Series: One Storey or Two?
Your journey to build a new home includes numerous critical decisions, some difficult but all of them adding up to what will become a place you can treasure. One decision that needs to be made very early in the process: one storey or two? There are of course pros and cons to each, here is a brief review to help you decide whether one storey or two is best for you.
Budget. Obviously the number of stories has a sizeable impact on the cost of building a new home and your first consideration has to be budget. Can you afford the added costs? Comparing a standard four bedroom/two living room home, the typical savings from one level compared to two is $20,000 to $50,000. In some instances, a two storey design actually offers savings from a single level: some buyers of land and house packages in Sydney that pay a premium for the parcel report savings due to the ability to purchase a smaller block; those savings can even be redirected into the home, for an extra room or swimming pool.
Footprint. Space is an important consideration for many buyers of house and land packages in western Sydney, including Wollongong, Newcastle and Illawarra. Typically, a two storey house has a smaller footprint, as the verticality reduces horizontal sprawl. This more efficient use of land may be a necessity in areas with small parcels or tight quarters, or if you simply desire a little extra breathing room from neighbours.
Stairs. If your home will be multi-generational and include parents or older relatives, a one storey layout is more age friendly. Even if stairs are not a problem at the time of building your new home, they may be less satisfactory in five years, or ten – consider whether you want to be going up and down stairs as you age.
Interior impressions. The layout of single storey homes generally give the impression of greater space and a more open feeling. Corridors and entrances may seem wider and in some cases they are. Two storey homes offer the opportunity to separate living and sleeping rooms, or provide for the main suite downstairs and other bedrooms on the upper storey.
Exterior impressions. A double storey home looks more substantial from the outside: they create an undeniable impression. If that sort of eye appeal is attractive to you, the two storey layout is something to consider.
Finding your ultimate best value. Contrasting the differences of one storey from two and comparing those to your own needs allows you to determine which arrangement works best for you. This is an extremely important decision: don't rush into it, take the time to thoroughly discuss your options.
Allworth Homes is an experienced and trusted project home builder for Sydney and surrounding suburbs. If you have questions, we would be happy to help – simply get in touch with us and we can help make your dream of building a new home become a reality.
At Allworth Homes we build quality new homesproject homes for our customers in the Sydney and Wollongong areas. Go to http://www.allworthhomes.com.au to see our awesome home plans and find out what we can build for you.
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy