ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Jeep To Join Land Rover, Mercedes In Ultra-lux Suv Market
Total Articles: 4
After topping 1 million global sales for a brand-new record last year, and just posting its highest single-month sales total ever in April in this country, Jeep is looking to expand its reach yet further. According to a recent report by Bloomberg.com, the world’s best-selling off-road brand is working on an ultra-lux flagship model that will battle the range-topping entries from Land Rover and Mercedes-Benz.
The confirmation was delivered directly by Sergio Marchionne, CEO of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, who told Bloomberg that: “When I see a Range Rover on the street, my blood boils, because we should be able to do a thing like that. And we will.”
Now, Marchionne didn’t mention timing, but earlier this year, speaking at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, he said that FCA wanted to raise Jeep’s annual sales total to closer to 2 million units by 2018, and it naturally follows that more models would help the automaker reach that goal.
A new Jeep flagship could be counted on for relatively significant sales volumes as well. The rival specifically singled out by Sergio above, the Land Rover Range Rover, sold just more than 1,500 units in April, and the best-selling large luxury SUV, the Cadillac Escalade, clocked in with about 3,200 deliveries; neither may be close to the monthly total of the No. 1 Jeep, as the Renegade rang up 19,000 April sales, but that would still outsell the Fiat 500, for example. It’s also worth noting that premium trucks in general are growing in popularity, with even pickup customers now able to enjoy a surprisingly high level of luxury amenities.
Further, actual sales numbers wouldn’t be the most important measure of success here. Jeep would be looking for a kind of “halo” effect that would spill over to the rest of the lineup and help raise buzz for the brand as it expands into more international markets. The prospect of an ultra-premium Jeep product should gain plenty of attention, too, as it would have to take a quantum leap forward to face off against the likes of the Range Rover.
The latter choice, as an FYI, blends a bevy of British luxury cues with true off-road capabilities, backed by an MSRP that opens north of $83,000. The Range Rover Autobiography edition, with a starting price of $137,995, showcases a 29-speaker, 1,700-watt sound system, exclusive 21-in. diamond-turned wheels, semi-aniline leather seating for all occupants and 18-way power-adjustable climate-controlled front-row seats. In other words, a comparable Jeep wouldn’t just be the most luxurious vehicle ever sold by the brand, it also would set the premium pace for the FCA roster here in the United States.
Of course, that being said, the current luxury leader for the Jeep division is no slouch when it comes to coddling customers. In fact, the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit has been upgraded yet further for 2015, highlighted by:
• A new cabin environment featuring Argentina Tan leather, open-pore wood accents and black stitching and carpeting
• Enhanced door sills with illuminated “Summit” trim
• A premium cargo mat made from Berber carpet
• Active noise cancellation, developed in partnership with Harman Kardon, which also provides an 825-watt, 19-speaker audio setup
Offering all that and more, the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit starts at $48,705.
Landmark Chrysler Jeep in Springfield, IL, carries a wide selection of New Chrysler & Jeep models. We also serve Chatham, Auburn, Decatur & Jacksonville, IL with superior customer service. If you are searching for Chrysler dealers using the keywords Chrysler dealerships in Jacksonville IL or Chrysler dealer close to me, Call or stop by Landmarkchryslerjeep.net today!
Automobiles Articles1. The Roadworthy Certificate Is A Must For Selling Your Car
Author: Luca Curtis
2. Reasons Owning Custom Bike Will Change Your Status
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Create The Right Impression By Hiring London Chauffeur
Author: Toby Pratt
4. Vehicle Dashboard Gauges
Author: Vitaly Sandyrev
5. The Main Reasons Cars Breakdown
6. Get Your Bike Ready For The Making The Next Mark
Author: Owen thomson
7. Infoglobaldata Redefines Email Marketing Strategy With Over 1,51,325 Automotive Mailing List
Author: Mark Griffith
8. How To Safely Jump-start Your Car
9. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Affordable Price
10. Warning Signs In Your Vehicle You Should Never Ignore
Author: Paul Zervos
11. Select The Best Appointment Booking Software
Author: Johny Danes
12. The Benefits Of Using The Right Booking And Scheduling Software
Author: Johny Danes
13. The Advantages Of The Appointment Software
Author: Johny Danes
14. How To Avoid Expensive Auto Repairs
Author: Mark Josesh
15. Clear Vinyl Sticker Art
Author: Ryan Haley