ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
13 Facts About Cork Flooring
Total Articles: 3742
Cork underlayment has different features. It is the features and it’s suitability of use that has made cork flooring overwhelmingly popular among many. Cork is a material not only used for its aesthetic purposes but also for its functionality. It is easy to maintain and durable as well. Floorings with cork tiles are also easy to repair. Moreover, cork flooring installation can be done be nearly everybody because it is easy. Here are some other facts about cork flooring.
1. Cork is resistant to fire at a certain degree. However, small amounts of heat will not hinder cork from its efficiency and functionality. Should cork catch fire it will not emit toxic chemicals to the atmosphere like other materials.
2. Cork is extracted from the bark of a Mediterranean tree, cork oak. The tree has a life expectancy of more than 250 years and is often harvested every 9 years. The bark of the tree is one of the most eco-friendly material making cork underlayment the ideal choice.
3. After cork flooring installation is done there might be challenges in terms of dents. The affected areas can easily be rectified at ease. The elastic properties of cork have made it easier to repair dents easily compared to any other material.
4. Cork underlayment is ideal for people with allergies and asthma. This is because cork is resistant to mildews, mold and bacteria. The bark of cork oak tree contains suberin which acts as an irritant to the unwanted growths. It is referred to as hypoallergenic since it emits chemicals which are irritants.
6. Cork flooring installation is ideal for people who need soft floor to walk on. It is also warm to keep your feet on body temperature.
7. Cork underlayment is 100%. Other flooring materials which are industrially made have irritating features.
8. Cork is also ideal for keeping away sound. It acts as a barrier between the walls and the external environment. Cork flooring installation is good for soundproof rooms as well.
9. Cork can also be modified into more than 200 colours. This means that you have a wide variety to choose from regarding shapes and size as well. Different colours will see you make the right choices for cork installation in rooms like bathroom, washroom, kitchen, bedroom and living room.
10. Cork is also eco-friendly as it does not pollute the environment at all. Installation only needs water based adhesives.
11. Cork underlayment is one of the most expensive flooring techniques. The prices are four times more than the ordinary flooring materials such as hardwood.
12. Because of the abundance in designs and colours cork can be made to be fit into various settings. Architects and exterior designers have been able to come up with good designs for cork.
13. Cork can also be furnished into various hues. It warps humidity and heat as well.
These are the major features of cork underlayment. If you need cork installation in your home ensure you make the best choice and get the ideal design which will keep people amazed when the visit your home.
To know more about cork underlayment visit https://cancork.com/ and enlighten yourself about the properties of cork which make the material ideal for http://cancork.com/Forna_glue_down_cork_tile_installtion.html Cork flooring installation. The site also has advises on maintenance and proper ways of cleaning cork.
Home and Garden Articles1. Qualities To Keep In Mind While Selecting Wallpapers In India
2. Small Bathroom Designs That Make Them Seem Large
Author: sunita arvind
3. Why It Is Important To Choose A Sleeping Mattress Carefully?
Author: Ahmed Ali
4. Create Your Home Bar For The Best Relaxing Experience
Author: Luis Alderman
5. Buy Best Room Ac, Air Conditioner 1.5 Ton Online At Attractive Prices
Author: Divya Sharma
6. Tips For Selecting Furniture For Your New Home
Author: Michael Daniels
7. Small Room Reworking Solutions
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
8. 7 Questions About Plant Breeder Services Every Gardener Should Ask
Author: Paul Gooderham
9. 8 Important Dump Cart Safety Tips
Author: Michael Foley
10. Advice Pertaining To Getting Any Locksmith.
Author: Bob Smith
11. What Is The Pool Compliance Checklist For A Safe Pool?
Author: Carol Donvito
12. Buy Home Decoration Items Online
Author: Nishant Sahu
13. 10 Doubts You Should Clarify About Builders
Author: Mark Trescothic
14. Choosing Flowers For Special Occasions
Author: Ross Barkely
15. The Interior Designers In Bangalore Realize Your Dream Home Within Your Budget