ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
13 Facts About Cork Flooring
Total Articles: 3745
Cork underlayment has different features. It is the features and it’s suitability of use that has made cork flooring overwhelmingly popular among many. Cork is a material not only used for its aesthetic purposes but also for its functionality. It is easy to maintain and durable as well. Floorings with cork tiles are also easy to repair. Moreover, cork flooring installation can be done be nearly everybody because it is easy. Here are some other facts about cork flooring.
1. Cork is resistant to fire at a certain degree. However, small amounts of heat will not hinder cork from its efficiency and functionality. Should cork catch fire it will not emit toxic chemicals to the atmosphere like other materials.
2. Cork is extracted from the bark of a Mediterranean tree, cork oak. The tree has a life expectancy of more than 250 years and is often harvested every 9 years. The bark of the tree is one of the most eco-friendly material making cork underlayment the ideal choice.
3. After cork flooring installation is done there might be challenges in terms of dents. The affected areas can easily be rectified at ease. The elastic properties of cork have made it easier to repair dents easily compared to any other material.
4. Cork underlayment is ideal for people with allergies and asthma. This is because cork is resistant to mildews, mold and bacteria. The bark of cork oak tree contains suberin which acts as an irritant to the unwanted growths. It is referred to as hypoallergenic since it emits chemicals which are irritants.
6. Cork flooring installation is ideal for people who need soft floor to walk on. It is also warm to keep your feet on body temperature.
7. Cork underlayment is 100%. Other flooring materials which are industrially made have irritating features.
8. Cork is also ideal for keeping away sound. It acts as a barrier between the walls and the external environment. Cork flooring installation is good for soundproof rooms as well.
9. Cork can also be modified into more than 200 colours. This means that you have a wide variety to choose from regarding shapes and size as well. Different colours will see you make the right choices for cork installation in rooms like bathroom, washroom, kitchen, bedroom and living room.
10. Cork is also eco-friendly as it does not pollute the environment at all. Installation only needs water based adhesives.
11. Cork underlayment is one of the most expensive flooring techniques. The prices are four times more than the ordinary flooring materials such as hardwood.
12. Because of the abundance in designs and colours cork can be made to be fit into various settings. Architects and exterior designers have been able to come up with good designs for cork.
13. Cork can also be furnished into various hues. It warps humidity and heat as well.
These are the major features of cork underlayment. If you need cork installation in your home ensure you make the best choice and get the ideal design which will keep people amazed when the visit your home.
To know more about cork underlayment visit https://cancork.com/ and enlighten yourself about the properties of cork which make the material ideal for http://cancork.com/Forna_glue_down_cork_tile_installtion.html Cork flooring installation. The site also has advises on maintenance and proper ways of cleaning cork.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Know About Interior Sliding Glass Doors For The Modern Home Or Office?
Author: Lyle Ganske
2. Tips And Tricks For Perth Kitchen Renovations
Author: the maker
3. Tropical Flowers: 4 Reasons Why They Make A Good Choice
Author: Tom Robinson
4. What To Watch Out For When Water Damage Occurs
Author: ServiceMaster by Wright
5. Key Factors That You Should Consider Choosing Emergency Plumber
Author: Bryson Kaleb
6. How To Buy The Right Bed Mattress Under Your Budget?
Author: Harish Chauhan
7. How To Choose The Best Window Blinds For Home Improvement
Author: Impress Blinds
8. The Increasing Importance Of Plant Protection & Its Approaches
Author: Paul Gooderham
9. How To Decrease Your Landscape Maintenance Hassle
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
10. Fall Maintenance Tips For Your Fauquier Horse Barn
Author: Bryson Kaleb
11. Pest Control For Saving Homes And Furniture Becomes Digitally Enhanced
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. Thinking Of Putting Up A Fence? Have A Look At Its Variants At First
Author: Michael Gilmore
13. Ways How You Can Save Your Roof From Premature Death
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Why To Hire Experts When You Plan To Buy A Property?
Author: Adam Leworthy
15. Important Criteria For Choosing A Horse Barn Shed
Author: Bryson Kaleb