ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
13 Facts About Cork Flooring
Total Articles: 3697
Cork underlayment has different features. It is the features and it’s suitability of use that has made cork flooring overwhelmingly popular among many. Cork is a material not only used for its aesthetic purposes but also for its functionality. It is easy to maintain and durable as well. Floorings with cork tiles are also easy to repair. Moreover, cork flooring installation can be done be nearly everybody because it is easy. Here are some other facts about cork flooring.
1. Cork is resistant to fire at a certain degree. However, small amounts of heat will not hinder cork from its efficiency and functionality. Should cork catch fire it will not emit toxic chemicals to the atmosphere like other materials.
2. Cork is extracted from the bark of a Mediterranean tree, cork oak. The tree has a life expectancy of more than 250 years and is often harvested every 9 years. The bark of the tree is one of the most eco-friendly material making cork underlayment the ideal choice.
3. After cork flooring installation is done there might be challenges in terms of dents. The affected areas can easily be rectified at ease. The elastic properties of cork have made it easier to repair dents easily compared to any other material.
4. Cork underlayment is ideal for people with allergies and asthma. This is because cork is resistant to mildews, mold and bacteria. The bark of cork oak tree contains suberin which acts as an irritant to the unwanted growths. It is referred to as hypoallergenic since it emits chemicals which are irritants.
6. Cork flooring installation is ideal for people who need soft floor to walk on. It is also warm to keep your feet on body temperature.
7. Cork underlayment is 100%. Other flooring materials which are industrially made have irritating features.
8. Cork is also ideal for keeping away sound. It acts as a barrier between the walls and the external environment. Cork flooring installation is good for soundproof rooms as well.
9. Cork can also be modified into more than 200 colours. This means that you have a wide variety to choose from regarding shapes and size as well. Different colours will see you make the right choices for cork installation in rooms like bathroom, washroom, kitchen, bedroom and living room.
10. Cork is also eco-friendly as it does not pollute the environment at all. Installation only needs water based adhesives.
11. Cork underlayment is one of the most expensive flooring techniques. The prices are four times more than the ordinary flooring materials such as hardwood.
12. Because of the abundance in designs and colours cork can be made to be fit into various settings. Architects and exterior designers have been able to come up with good designs for cork.
13. Cork can also be furnished into various hues. It warps humidity and heat as well.
These are the major features of cork underlayment. If you need cork installation in your home ensure you make the best choice and get the ideal design which will keep people amazed when the visit your home.
To know more about cork underlayment visit https://cancork.com/ and enlighten yourself about the properties of cork which make the material ideal for http://cancork.com/Forna_glue_down_cork_tile_installtion.html Cork flooring installation. The site also has advises on maintenance and proper ways of cleaning cork.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden