ALL >> Travel >> View Article
5 Temples You Should Visit In And Around Shimla
Total Articles: 621
Shimla in Himachal Pradesh, is a picturesque hill station that is known for its wonderful scenic beauty and provides welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of daily life. In fact, that is the main reason why so many people book Shimla tour packages. While there is a lot to see and do here, some of the most popular attractions in this town are its famous temples, which include:
The Bhimakali or Bheemakali Temple in Shimla is a very popular tourist attraction and renowned for its architecture. Its architectural style of this temple is a mix of both Hinduism and Buddhist influences, and is built of wood. Considered to be an architectural masterpiece, this beautiful temple is one of the representatives of the 51 Shakti Peeths.
Take a walk through towering deodar trees and climb up the Jakhu hill, which is about 2 kms from the Ridge. Located on top of this hill is the famous Jakhu Temple. This temple is dedicated to Lord Hanuman, the Monkey God. After paying your respects, make sure to enjoy the amazing view of the surrounding area, from an elevation of 2455 metres above sea level – the height of Jakhu Hill, the highest peak in Shimla.
Kalibari Temple Shimla:
Built in the year 1845, the Kalibari Temple is another popular tourist attraction. The town of Shimla gets its name from Shyamala, which is another name of the Goddess Kali. It s this goddess that the Kalibari temple is dedicated to.
Sankat Mochan Temple
The Shri Sankat Mochan Temple is located about 5 kms from Shimla and can be found on the Kalka-Shimla Highway on National Highway 22. The peaceful environs of this temple enables you to truly get in touch with your spiritual side, meditate or simply gather your thoughts. Perhaps that is the reason why it is one of the most popular attractions and one you definitely should visit during your Shimla tour packages.
Tara Devi Temple
Between 10-15 kilometres from Shimla, the Tara Devi Temple is another very popular attraction in the area. The road to this temple passed through fragrant pine forests and lush green meadows. The temple is located on the top of a hill called Tara Parvat and is dedicated to the Mother Goddess Tara Devi. You can enjoy an amazing panoramic view from the temple of the surrounding forests and countryside.
About the Author
Seenu Mathew is a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Travelling and photography are his passions. He recently returned from one of the Shimla tour packages where he visited a number of beautiful temples. In this article he lists the temples that he recommends fellow travellers to visit in Shimla.
Travel Articles1. La Ciudad De Marrakech
2. Secure A Deluxe Limo And Feel Like A Star On Your Wedding Day
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Buffalo River Float Trips – Go River Rafting To Enjoy With Your Family
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Bachelorette Party - A Crazy And Classy Night Out With Pittsburgh Limousine Service
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
5. Enjoying The Glamour And The Luxury Of Dc Limo
Author: Enjoying the Glamour and the Luxury of DC Limo
6. Limo Hire - Limo Hire London | Party Bus Hire London
7. Jeju Island And Busan Tour
Author: Tommy Na
8. Event Photographer In Argentina Can Capture Those Precious Touring Moments In The Camera!
Author: Cogert Ayala
9. Know How Owning A Shipping Container Will Benefit You
Author: Catherine Jade
10. Enjoy The Best Of Fujairah City Tours
11. Explore The Paradise By Luxurious Tour Packages
Author: Ankit Patel
12. Have An Exceptional Super Jeep Iceland Ride
Author: Ice Rovers
13. Cape Town Offers A Plethora Of Thrilling Mtb Cycling Routes That Make Each Tour Exciting
Author: Mark Robert Lawson
14. Clearly Honor Your Vows With Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
15. Get Pleasure From A Budget Tour In Kenya - A Leading Holiday Destination In Africa
Author: Nadzua Matara