ALL >> Travel >> View Article
5 Temples You Should Visit In And Around Shimla
Total Articles: 621
Shimla in Himachal Pradesh, is a picturesque hill station that is known for its wonderful scenic beauty and provides welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of daily life. In fact, that is the main reason why so many people book Shimla tour packages. While there is a lot to see and do here, some of the most popular attractions in this town are its famous temples, which include:
The Bhimakali or Bheemakali Temple in Shimla is a very popular tourist attraction and renowned for its architecture. Its architectural style of this temple is a mix of both Hinduism and Buddhist influences, and is built of wood. Considered to be an architectural masterpiece, this beautiful temple is one of the representatives of the 51 Shakti Peeths.
Take a walk through towering deodar trees and climb up the Jakhu hill, which is about 2 kms from the Ridge. Located on top of this hill is the famous Jakhu Temple. This temple is dedicated to Lord Hanuman, the Monkey God. After paying your respects, make sure to enjoy the amazing view of the surrounding area, from an elevation of 2455 metres above sea level – the height of Jakhu Hill, the highest peak in Shimla.
Kalibari Temple Shimla:
Built in the year 1845, the Kalibari Temple is another popular tourist attraction. The town of Shimla gets its name from Shyamala, which is another name of the Goddess Kali. It s this goddess that the Kalibari temple is dedicated to.
Sankat Mochan Temple
The Shri Sankat Mochan Temple is located about 5 kms from Shimla and can be found on the Kalka-Shimla Highway on National Highway 22. The peaceful environs of this temple enables you to truly get in touch with your spiritual side, meditate or simply gather your thoughts. Perhaps that is the reason why it is one of the most popular attractions and one you definitely should visit during your Shimla tour packages.
Tara Devi Temple
Between 10-15 kilometres from Shimla, the Tara Devi Temple is another very popular attraction in the area. The road to this temple passed through fragrant pine forests and lush green meadows. The temple is located on the top of a hill called Tara Parvat and is dedicated to the Mother Goddess Tara Devi. You can enjoy an amazing panoramic view from the temple of the surrounding forests and countryside.
About the Author
Seenu Mathew is a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Travelling and photography are his passions. He recently returned from one of the Shimla tour packages where he visited a number of beautiful temples. In this article he lists the temples that he recommends fellow travellers to visit in Shimla.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family