ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
Comparison Of Dedicated Hosting And Collocation Hosting
Total Articles: 34
Dedicated hosting: Dedicated hosting is a configuration in which a server is adherent to a single user/organization serving a single purpose. Dedicated hosting service guarantees increased uptime, maximum optimization to the contents and better online application monitoring capabilities to the user.
Collocation hosting: Collocation (also known as co-location) hosting is a service where the user's physical server is located at a third party data center. Collocation is the most expensive type of server hosting and is preferable for people who have sound knowledge and experience in server administration.
Difference between dedicated and collocation hosting
The main difference between dedicated hosting and collocation hosting is the extent of control over the server.
In Dedicated hosting, the user owns or rents the server from the web host and consigns it for his online applications.
*In dedicated hosting, users have complete freedom to modify their server settings, such as server hardware components or the operating system, as per their requirement, thus rendering great flexibility and enhanced security.
The hosting company provides services such as server maintenance, security and backup etc.
Dedicated hosting is suitable for businesses that receive high web traffic and handles large amount of data.
*In collocation hosting, the user purchases their own server software licenses and installs it in a data center that is owned by some other company.
The customers/users have the flexibility to secure, manage and maintain their servers although the data center provides the server redundancy, space, security, controlled temperature and UPS server solutions.
Following are few advantages offered by dedicated and collocation hosting services;
*In Dedicated hosting, users can have full control over the server resources.
*Enhanced performance and security can be obtained by allotting a unique IP address to each server.
*Also, the hosting resources can be controlled with great flexibility.
*While in Collocation hosting, the server is fully accessible.
*Users can get highly secured hosting services with reliable technical service support, easy scalability, and a redundant power supply.
Following are the disadvantages of dedicated and collocation hosting services;
*In Dedicated hosting, the user gets all the services that are offered in collocation hosting through an unshared/restricted server, but doesn't assert proprietorship of the hardware.
*In Collocation hosting, the user must purchase the server hardware, so the initial set up costs can be high.
*Users need to search for data centers that provide collocation for their servers.
Both the hosting services have their own merits and demerits. So, the decision of choosing dedicated or collocation hosting service mainly depends on the user's hosting service requirements and cost affordability.
4GoodHosting – the best Canadian web hosting companies offers VPS hosting and an impressive website builder. 4GoodHosting provides web hosting in Toronto and is trusted for over 10 years as a reliable provider for Linux & Windows hosting and Reseller web hosting. 4GoodHosting's Canada VPS hosting is reliable and priced right.
Web Hosting Articles1. Creating Faster Websites And Website Monitoring For A Global Business
2. Brief Overview Of Public Cloud Hosting Solutions
3. Importance Of Dns For Website Uptime
4. Build Your Social Website Without Any Efforts
5. Why Failover Support Is Needed For Your Business Website?
6. Why Use A Site Monitor Service To Check A Site’s Api Responses?
7. 7 Questions To Ask Regarding The Security Of Hosting Services
Author: Andrew Stevenson
8. Knowing The Domain Registration From The Guidance Of Hosting Provider
Author: Prism online
9. Types Of Serveriu Hostingas And Their Advantages And Disadvantages
Author: Host Net
10. Know The Right Difference Between Cloud & Virtualization
Author: Manoj Nagesh
11. Dedicated Servers – To Manage Workloads In A Performance Driven Environment
12. Don’t Rely On Free Online Website Monitoring Tools For Accurate Site Performance Assessment
13. Is Your Website Really Experiencing Downtime And How To Resolve Common Issues?
14. How To Advertise After A Natural Disaster?
15. Things You Need To Monitor Before Your Website Launch