ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
Key Points To Be Considered While Selecting A Right Data Center
Total Articles: 34
Data center (virtual or physical) is a rationalized repository for the management, storage, and distribution of the information and data organized pertaining to a particular business.
Most of the data centers are “in-house” and located within the organization’s premises. If they are outsourced i.e., located in a third-party company's site and managed there, then they are often regarded as collocation/co-location centers. These co-location centers are associated with collocation hosting services in which they take the complete responsibility of maintaining and monitoring the organization's data center needs.
Based on the size of organization or company, the data center may be a simple rack of equipment or it can be a big room that houses many racks of servers and other equipment.
Key points in selecting the right data center
Below are few points that should be considered while selecting the right data center for your organization:
Location of data center: Choosing the right location to place the data center is a crucial thing for any organization because,
*Whenever the need of up-gradation of service or equipment arises, it should be possible for someone to go easily and perform the desired task.
*It should be in a place that is less prone to natural disasters like earth quakes, hurricanes, floods etc.
*Also, it should be in a location where the availability of power supply and communication media are consistently stable.
Security: Data center should be adequately guarded in order to protect the information from theft and physical damages.
Scalability: Data centers should have additional space along with other spare equipment to address the needs that may arise during business expansion.
Redundant power supply: Web servers and other network equipment in the data center consumes large amount of power as they are always connected to the internet and function continuously. So, a data center requires reliable power supply that may not be entirely expected from the local power utilities. For this reason, the data center should always have redundant power supply.
Cooling provision: Equipment such as web servers and other network devices produces heat when operating. So, for drawing effective work from the equipment, necessary cooling should be provided inside the data center.
Reliable technical support: Appropriate amounts of staff with good technical skills should be employed to resolve the technical issues that may arise such as connectivity problems, secure data management, backups etc.
Data centers are a key place for most business organizations because it is the one that serves and secures all the data; and performs the key functions of their businesses. So, selecting the right data center and taking proper care of it is critical to any technology or internet business.
4GoodHosting – the best Canadian web hosting companies offers VPS hosting and an impressive website builder. 4GoodHosting provides web hosting in Toronto and is trusted for over 10 years as a reliable provider for Linux & Windows hosting and Reseller web hosting. 4GoodHosting's Canada VPS hosting is reliable and priced right.
Web Hosting Articles1. Creating Faster Websites And Website Monitoring For A Global Business
2. Brief Overview Of Public Cloud Hosting Solutions
3. Importance Of Dns For Website Uptime
4. Build Your Social Website Without Any Efforts
5. Why Failover Support Is Needed For Your Business Website?
6. Why Use A Site Monitor Service To Check A Site’s Api Responses?
7. 7 Questions To Ask Regarding The Security Of Hosting Services
Author: Andrew Stevenson
8. Knowing The Domain Registration From The Guidance Of Hosting Provider
Author: Prism online
9. Types Of Serveriu Hostingas And Their Advantages And Disadvantages
Author: Host Net
10. Know The Right Difference Between Cloud & Virtualization
Author: Manoj Nagesh
11. Dedicated Servers – To Manage Workloads In A Performance Driven Environment
12. Don’t Rely On Free Online Website Monitoring Tools For Accurate Site Performance Assessment
13. Is Your Website Really Experiencing Downtime And How To Resolve Common Issues?
14. How To Advertise After A Natural Disaster?
15. Things You Need To Monitor Before Your Website Launch