ALL >> Business >> View Article
Calculate The Value Of Used Computer Equipment
Total Articles: 179
Perhaps the most common question people ask IT Asset Management Group is how do we figure out what surplus IT equipment is worth? In order for ITAMG to provide our clients with bids, proposals, and projections for surplus and end of life computer equipment, we research the most current sales pricing and values available on the secondary markets. We analyze the inventory of equipment our clients wish to dispose of and use recent sales and current offers on equipment in order to gauge what a fair market value is.
The value of used IT equipment is no different than any other product or commodity and is governed by the laws of supply and demand. New software platforms, product releases, regulations, canceling of product lines or support and technology trends will change consumer demands for refurbished computer equipment and in turn effect the value of equipment on the secondary markets and what an IT asset disposal vendor will be able to pay out during a liquidation.
For instance, the value of useful equipment can be drastically reduced when a large organization disposes of a high volume of equipment in a small period of time. If a company decides they are no longer using a specific blade server, and disposes of thousands of a specific type of blade, the market will become flooded with this item. In this situation, regardless of the equipment’s technological viability, the price will plummet on the secondary markets.
These factors are why ITAMG relies on the most current market information in order to develop our pricing and sales strategies. We work with enterprise clients to develop programs and processes to increase the returns during computer liquidation.
We understand our clients' and community may benefit from a tool that would provide quick estimates on what surplus computer equipment may be worth. That is why we developed the ITAMG Depreciation Calculator that enables our clients to plug in the original purchase price of equipment and determine the deprecation cycle stage as well as an estimate on what the fair market value of the equipment might be.
ITAMG does not use this calculator to determine value propositions or bids for used computer equipment, but it is a handy tool to develop a refresh strategy and estimate how much returns a future disposal could generate.
Business Articles1. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Concrete Staining
Author: Ben Lager
2. What To Look For When Hiring An Ocean Freight Shipping Company
Author: William Santos
3. Top 4 Advantages Of Concrete Coating
Author: Ben Lager
4. Centrifugal Blower Manufacturer In India|centrifugal Blower Fan
5. Building A Modern Architecture Homes- Planning And Concept
Author: Leila Adam
6. Thorough Proofreading Finesses Documents, Raises The Organization’s Reputation
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
7. Design And Build Contractor Singapore – Get The Best Services From Interior Renovation Contractor!
Author: James Han
8. Meishen–a Bright Star In Magnesium Oxide Industry
Author: hu Allen
9. Grow Customer Base And Market Presence With Pharmacist Email Lists For Your Business Campaign
Author: Adam Tyson
10. Adapt New Forms Of B2b Communication With Infection Control Directors Mailing List
Author: Andrew Rayel
11. Moby Wrap Baby Carrier
12. Care For Your Deck
Author: Blue Star Carpentry has been specializing in custom decks for over a decade. When you sit outside wi
13. How Does A Small B2b Company Increase The sales?
Author: Mohit Yadev
14. Latest Job Vacancies In India
15. Why Are Aap And Congress Supporters Opposing A Tax Reform Like The Gst? Are They Anti-nationals?
Author: Mohit Yadev