ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Why Is It Important To Maintain Your Fuel System Properly?
Total Articles: 39
No matter what type of vehicle you're using, maintenance is something that any vehicle must have. Engine performance is important to keep the car well maintained, when one issue arises and is not in favor to it, it can have a masquerade effect, and the sign of a blocked fuel system is your vehicle's way of screaming that help is necessary and in fact required.
Fuel system maintenance is something that should be done on the car and it helps to produce some significant benefits. One should be mindful in keeping the fuel system clean as it helps to keep you driving for years and also extends the engine's life. Negligence in maintaining it will lead to harmful consequences, leaving our vehicle immobile and end up costing more than necessary.
Warning signs of a bad fuel system:
The vehicle will relay its owner that there are problems. The fuel system is no different and the owner should be on alert of potential danger signs. Early warning signs that indicate your vehicle has a clogged fuel filter or injector include:
• Difficulty in starting your vehicle.
• Stalling of the vehicle while driving.
• Misfiring during acceleration of your vehicle.
• Poor fuel economy
Significance of fuel system components maintenance:
The main purpose of the fuel system is to store fuel and deliver it to the cylinder chamber where it can be vaporized, combined with air and finally burned to produce power. The fuel system consists of fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel injector and combustion chamber.
The most critical part of the fuel system maintenance is to make sure that the fuel used is clean. Your vehicle's engine runs on a weak balance of air and fuel. When sand, dirt and other impurities block your fuel filter and cease your fuel injectors, it leads to reduced fuel efficiency and poor engine's performance.
Fuel tank: The contaminants that are allowed to remain in the tank may spread to other parts of the fuel system. These unbounded contaminants/ particles can be the cause for various malfunctions and extensive costs in repairs.
Fuel lines: Flushing out the fuel lines ensures that there will be no residue buildup.
Fuel filter: Fuel filter is one main component in the system that needs to be replaced as recommended by the vehicle's manufacturer.
• The fuel filter is designed to trap dirt particles in the fuel supply and prevent them from entering the other components of the system such as injectors, fuel pumps.
• Debris and dirt can accumulate in the filter and render the filter ineffective, and these harmful contaminants will be able to corrupt more expensive parts of the fuel system such as fuel injectors.
• All that a vehicle owner has to do is to make sure that the filters are changed regularly so that they can provide a shield against dirt particles and work efficiently.
Fuel injector and air intake: A clean fuel injector and air intake with no obstruction improves the overall performance of the vehicle.
• These two components of fuel system are important because the combination of air and fuel is the one that generates car's power.
• Gradual varnish buildup, gumming and other deposits can lead to fuel injector's misfiring or slow response time which results in poor engine performance like engine pings and knocks, rough idling and harmful emissions.
• The better the air intake and fuel injector are maintained the more muscle in the drive there will be.
A clean fuel system reduces emissions, improves fuel economy and drive-ability, and restores performance and power. Performing fuel system cleaning helps to remove intake valve deposits and varnish buildup, reduces cylinder head deposits and finally cleans the entire fuel system.
Once you determine the type of filter system you have, you can then protect the fuel system. Make sure that they are always changed at the same time. Fuel additives can be used to alleviate the build-ups of dirt in the fuel and to remove the contaminants from the fuel. A total cleaning of the fuel system should be done every 15,000 miles or so (check the vehicle's manual if they have any mileage recommendation for maintenance).
So, keep in mind how maintenance can maximize the return for the original investment. Keeping the fuel system in right condition is a major boost to the car's performance. Keeping an eye on the signs of problems and trying to set up a routine maintenance will be significantly beneficial. The life of the car will get extended out by this fine tuning and alertness.
Airtex Fuel Delivery Systems is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electric fuel pumps and modular reservoir assemblies (MRA). For over 50 years, the Airtex brand has been the benchmark of cooling and fuel delivery system components for leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. If you are looking for either an electric fuel pump or a mechanical fuel pump, visit us at: Airtexproducts.com.
Automobiles Articles1. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
2. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
3. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
4. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
5. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook
6. Customized Harley Davidson With Actual Parts Is The Ultimate Style
Author: Levi Fysh
7. Commercial Kitchen Equipment Dubai
Author: AL RAZANA KITCHEN
8. An Overview About 3d Cad Modeling, Plm And Pdm
Author: An Overview About 3D CAD Modeling, PLM and PDM
9. Relax And Rove With Private Driver And Car Services
Author: Toby Pratt
10. 7 Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Car Battery Charger
Author: Michael Foley
11. What Is The Best Time To Trade-in Your Old Car?
Author: Wiliams Orchard
12. The Brilliance Of Japanese Cars Imported From Japan
13. New & Upcoming Sedan Cars In India 2017
Author: Trending Car
14. Compelling Reasons To Fixing Car Dents With Paintless Dent Repair
Author: Gordon Coubrough
15. Choosing Limo Service Fort Worth