ALL >> Business >> View Article
Characteristics And Manufacturing Process Of Duplex Seamless Tubes
Total Articles: 42
Pipes are hollow cylinders that are used to carry liquids, gas, powders, slurries and masses of small solids from one place to another. Pipes normally have circular cross sections, whereas those that have square and other types of cross sections are called tubes. The terms "tube" and "pipe" can be interchangeable as far as anybody is concerned. Both of these terms depend on the usage to which the item is put to. The definition of Outside Diameter or OD, the inside diameter or ID and the thickness of the wall are the main criteria for differentiating the two.
Normal tube manufacturing process
The normal process of manufacturing a tube is by rolling a sheet of metal into a cylinder and welding the seam. An electric current passed though the two meeting sides of the tube produces a huge amount of heat that melts the two edges to form pools of molten metal. The molten metal solidifies to form the weld that holds the two edges together. The seam thus formed can be heated further to make it less prominent or visible. On the other hand, a seamless tube is manufactured by rolling the billet or the starting ingot through cross rolls with a piercing mandrel being driven through the billet to form the hollow central portion of the tube.
Various types of seamless tubes
The seamless tube is more robust than a welded tube. But when seamless tubes were used in various industries, it was found that they were easily corroded by chemicals contained in the fluids that pass through them. The manufacturing of Duplex Seamless Tubes.was first carried out in Sweden in the 1940s to make the tubes more resistive to corrosion. These tubes were so named because the material used for their manufacture was made up of an alloy consisting of nickel, chromium and molybdenum. The tubes manufactured in this way were far more strong and corrosion -proof than tubes made from stainless steel.
Manufacturing process for pipes
The manufacturing of Duplex Seamless Pipes.also took place at the same time as the tubes. The procedure of manufacturing these pipes was similar to the process of making the tubes. The pipes of this type were also made up of an alloy of iron, molybdenum, chromium and nickel that gave them an additional durability and strength. Structural tanks, heat exchangers, sea water handling plants, paper making plants and other equipment where the level of corrosion from fluids is very high are generally made from these tubes and pipes.
I have very good experience in writing articles on various topics. The articles I have written on Duplex Seamless Pipes.have been appreciated by all.
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better