ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Don’t Miss Nyc’s Top Steak Houses
Total Articles: 211
Once you have taken advantage of various cheap travel deals, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, cheap deals, discount travel deals, and cheap vacation packages, to make a New York City trip possible, make certain you try one of the city’s unforgettable steak houses, unless you happen to be a vegetarian.
Using the criteria of which steak houses offer delectable, mouthwatering hunks of meats, have an almost cult like following of regulars, and enough staying power or innovation to attract crowds from around the world, the following are Andrea Duchon top recommendations:
• Keen’s Steakhouse is one of New York’s oldest (established in 1885) and most revered eateries. Keen is famous for its mutton chop, a very succulent deep cut of meat.
• Peter Lugar Steakhouse was established in 1887 and is very old school. The restaurant does not accept major credit cards, only cash, or their special Peter Luger’s Card, which can only be obtained if you can find someone “connected.” Peter Lugar has been on Zagat’s best steakhouse list for 30 years running. Patrons typically do not request to see a menu and know that the only major decision to make is whether you want steak broiled to perfection for two, three, or more, depending on your appetite. Remember that its delicious side dishes are made to be shared.
• BLT Prime is located in Gramercy and opened to critical acclaim in 2006. As popular as its pristine cuts of beef and broiled and brushed with butter are, diners seem to never get enough of the popovers that are stuffed with Gruyere and served at the beginning of each meal. BLT Prime’s wine list is award winning and includes a by the glass menu, as well as half and full bottles.
• Strip House can be found in the East Village. Its walls are adorned with pictures of scantily clad ladies. The restaurant looks like it came straight out of a mafia movie. While its strip is memorable, its bone in rib-eye is exquisite. Save room for dessert and check out the 12 tier chocolate cake.
• Minetta Tavern is located in the West Village and offers succulent bistro steaks. Regulars rave about Minetta’s Black Label burger. $28 buys a prime dry aged beef burger, sourced from a farm in Kentucky, topped off with a butter brioche bun. The chefs drizzle clarified butter on top of each patty during cooking which may explain the ecstatic groans from diners taking their first bite.
• Quality Meats is a modern wave beefy hotspot. Its menu includes dishes such as a Hamachi sashimi with Black Mission figs and Thai chili vinaigrette, and a Cajun short rib with potato gnocchi and burgundy truffles. Don’t worry, you can also find all the traditional cuts of beef from bone in rib-eyes, to strips and filets.
• St. Anselm is one of the best meat havens in town. Its ideal meal looks something like the following: grilled halloumi with pea greens and string beans, roasted bone marrow, grilled shishito peppers and butchers steak with compound garlic butter. St. Anselm’s most unique attribute may be the affordability of its food. The previously mentioned steak goes for around $15.
• Prime Meats is a Brooklyn eatery, that unlike most high end steak houses serves brunch. Diners rave about its poached eggs. Prices are high, but outstanding quality makes meals worth the price. One of the more popular dishes is the Black Angus Cote De Boeuf for two, which is dry aged for 36 days and costs $142.
• Angus Club is located just north of Midtown on the east side and consistently is recognized with 5 star reviews. Its menu sticks with the basics: shrimp cocktails, iceberg wedges, classic beefsteak tomatoes and onions, and classic steak cuts. Angus Club ventures out a little with some of its seafood and veal chops, which have been known to convert vegetarians to the dark site.
• Benjamin Steakhouse is located just south of Grand Central Station and opened in 2006. It serves up to three well balanced, meat heavy meals daily. Steak here is served for two, three, or four, with sirloin, rib-eye and filets available for solo diners.
Travel Articles1. Choosing A Good Accommodation In Monte Vista
Author: Mike Suthar
2. What Are The Best Seasons To Trek Nepal?
Author: Sandip Sharma
3. Bring Home Memories Worth A Lifetime From Thailand
Author: Touris Thai
4. E-visa Sri Lanka: Say Goodbye To Your Sri Lankan E-visa Worries
Author: E-Visa Sri Lanka
5. Plan Your Bike Ride To Get Ready To Conquer The Terrains Of Leh Ladakh
Author: Komal Ranaa
6. Same Day Agra Tour With Fatehpur
Author: Carrie Asby
7. Quick Guide To Know How To Get Pr In Australia.
Author: Jason Briggs
8. Manali Honeymoon Tour Packages
Author: kuldeep dogra
9. Car Rental Bangalore
10. Find Reliable Taxi Cab To Airport Services For Best Travel Experience
11. Reap The Benefits Of Cheap Twin Centre Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. Explore Interesting Attractions With Your Dubai Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
13. For Those Special Events In Life, Phoenix Executive Car Services Could Be Either The Best Asset
Author: Unknown Member
14. 4 Majestic Places To Enjoy Your Honeymoon Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
15. We’ll Cover Your Wedding Travel Needs With Limousine Service In Dc
Author: We’ll Cover Your Wedding Travel Needs with Limousi