ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Downtown Vegas’ Offbeat Nightlife
Total Articles: 213
Visitors to Las Vegas tend to be more knowledgeable about the many cheap travel options available to get to the city, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages, then are aware of what downtown Las Vegas has to offer.
Most tourists are drawn to the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas Boulevard. Las Vegas started in its downtown and the area north of the Stratosphere has benefited from a revival over the last few years with hotels being renovated and new, independent businesses moving in. Its dining scene is slowly improving and downtown continues to be way cheaper to drink than on the strip.
The following is a blueprint for the perfect night off the strip, according to Grace Bascos:
• Pre-show dinner at MTO Café provides a solid, low key meal before a show at The Smith Center. In addition to the regular breakfast and lunch menu, the restaurant offers three course, prix fixe dinners. Choices include a summer, farmers market tomato or Hale Caesar salad for starters, tomato or French onion soup, Korean style skirt steak with quinoa fried rice or short rib shepherd’s pie, followed by a sweet finish of apple rings with cinnamon sugar butter icing.
• Theater at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts is on an impressive performing arts campus. Broadway hits such as Wicked and Book of Mormon have been performed here and new productions of plays such as The Tempest have been introduced on this campus before heading off to the rest of the country. Patrons who appreciate more independent theater should attended one of the smaller studio performance spaces.
• Post show drinks at Commonwealth are recommended, located on one of the coolest, up and coming drags in town, where local hipsters can be found. There are plenty of mixology bars in the area, including Downtown Cocktail Room and the Vanguard Lounge. The Commonwealth has one of swankiest, most creative beverage programs in the city, ranging from typical beers to new-fangled takes on classic cocktails. The two story bar has a rooftop used when it cools down at night and live entertainment during the week.
• Consider staying at El Cortez, the longest continuously running hotel in Las Vegas that was recently renovated. New life has been breathed into this vintage property, from designer and luxurious cabana suites to old school rooms.
Travel Articles1. How Egypt Shore Excursions Give An Out Of The World Experience To Cruise Holiday?
Author: Ayman Boghdady
2. There Are Many Best Places To Go In Caribbean To Enjoy Your Vacation
Author: eTravel Trips
3. Successful Family Road Trip To A Wedding Via Bus Rental Of Atlanta
Author: Eva watson
4. Kerala Travel Packages : Enjoy The Serenity And Beauty Of Kerala
Author: Top Travel
5. Nepal Tour Packages
6. 5 Popular Places To Visit In Coonoor
7. Ngorongoro Crater
Author: Joseph Reeves
8. Mountains And Hills Provide Adventure As Well As A Unique Peace Of Mind
9. Enjoy Most Awaited Holiday In Beautiful Nepal
10. White Water Rafting Durango
Author: James Patty
11. Significance Of The Nile During Ancient Egypt
Author: Dale Dunlop
12. Birds In The Bungle Bungles Wa
13. Trekking Knowledge In Nepal Mountain Trails
Author: Sudip Shahi
14. 5 Amazing Healthy Dessert Recipes By Crumbs Blog
Author: Crumbs Food
15. One Stop Solution For Outstation Car Booking – Hariom Tours And Travel, Nagpur.