ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Downtown Vegas’ Offbeat Nightlife
Total Articles: 213
Visitors to Las Vegas tend to be more knowledgeable about the many cheap travel options available to get to the city, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages, then are aware of what downtown Las Vegas has to offer.
Most tourists are drawn to the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas Boulevard. Las Vegas started in its downtown and the area north of the Stratosphere has benefited from a revival over the last few years with hotels being renovated and new, independent businesses moving in. Its dining scene is slowly improving and downtown continues to be way cheaper to drink than on the strip.
The following is a blueprint for the perfect night off the strip, according to Grace Bascos:
• Pre-show dinner at MTO Café provides a solid, low key meal before a show at The Smith Center. In addition to the regular breakfast and lunch menu, the restaurant offers three course, prix fixe dinners. Choices include a summer, farmers market tomato or Hale Caesar salad for starters, tomato or French onion soup, Korean style skirt steak with quinoa fried rice or short rib shepherd’s pie, followed by a sweet finish of apple rings with cinnamon sugar butter icing.
• Theater at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts is on an impressive performing arts campus. Broadway hits such as Wicked and Book of Mormon have been performed here and new productions of plays such as The Tempest have been introduced on this campus before heading off to the rest of the country. Patrons who appreciate more independent theater should attended one of the smaller studio performance spaces.
• Post show drinks at Commonwealth are recommended, located on one of the coolest, up and coming drags in town, where local hipsters can be found. There are plenty of mixology bars in the area, including Downtown Cocktail Room and the Vanguard Lounge. The Commonwealth has one of swankiest, most creative beverage programs in the city, ranging from typical beers to new-fangled takes on classic cocktails. The two story bar has a rooftop used when it cools down at night and live entertainment during the week.
• Consider staying at El Cortez, the longest continuously running hotel in Las Vegas that was recently renovated. New life has been breathed into this vintage property, from designer and luxurious cabana suites to old school rooms.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family