ALL >> Health >> View Article
8 Considerations In Selecting A Yoga Retreat
Total Articles: 4777
Congratulations! You are considering a yoga retreat. You have allocated the time and money and are committed to a meaningful experience. Other than someone else's opinion, how do you know what to expect from your upcoming yoga retreat? We think a little forethought and proper planning can go a long way towards making your retreat a life experience, just as it should be.
A little online research will show that there are terrific yoga retreats all over the globe. The abundance of differing techniques, varied locations and contrasting practices may be a bit overwhelming. Let's see if we can help develop a checklist of considerations that might help finalize your choice.
1. Instruction - Just as you know there are many forms of yoga, you also know each variation has a different instructional style. No two yoga instructors are the same. Make sure the teaching style at your retreat is to your liking and within you ability. Most likely you will want to continue this form of yoga upon your return so check to be sure that the yoga form and style of instruction at the retreat are available in your local environs. Most yoga retreats offer online resources that describe the practice of yoga and the style of instruction at their facility. As this is probably the most significant consideration on your list, get to the bottom of the information. If you read the site's material and still have questions, get on the phone.
2.Goals - Make sure you understand the goals of the yoga retreat you will be engaging and that their goals match well with your personal aspirations. Again, research is the key. When setting your goals, think both long-term benefit and short-term benefit. If the program does not give you a sense of these benefits, speak to a coordinator.
3.Facility - Get an understanding of the program's facility and how the yoga program utilizes the retreat's facilities. Practical ramifications of this information may affect how you will dress and therefore the clothes you need to pack.
4.Approach - Visit the web site and ascertain if the focus is on group or private sessions. Make sure you are comfortable with whichever environment the program promotes. If sessions are group oriented, be familiar with the group size. Eliminating the potential for a misunderstanding is your responsibility, not the responsibility of the program.
5.Experience - Chance are that you know someone who is familiar with the yoga retreat. Cross-reference your own research with the first hand or word-of-mouth experiences of previous attendees. Don't be afraid to ask if they would return or what their progress has been since visiting the retreat.
6.Travel - Just as you plan your itinerary, make sure there are no holes in your travel plans. Some retreats are in outlying areas. Also, check to assure that you understand the climate to which you will be traveling. Verify and confirm all return-trip information weeks before departing and, of course, cover your bases at home and work.
7.Budget - Your budget should include all costs associated with travel and the yoga retreat. Make sure you fully understand what the price of the retreat includes. Be especially clear about meal provisions. It is safe to say that every yoga retreat has its own standards.
8.Experience - Many yoga retreats cater to practitioners of different levels. Some retreats are prone to accept beginning students while others prohibit the beginner. You may need a little honest self-evaluation to be sure you are up to the program's standards. Most important is matching your experience level with the program's stated experience levels. Being comfortable with the level of the program will make your feel welcome and begin what should be a terrific experience.
At AmatlanYoga.com our goal is to provide the conditions through which retreatants can deepen their practice, make friends with themselves and the world, and return home with a greater capacity for both contentment and purpose. To arrange your yoga meditation retreat visit us online today.
Health Articles1. Sensory Integration|best Pediatric Physiotherapists In Hulimavu,bangalore
Author: Sumitha Hemavathy
2. Everything About Vitamin B12
Author: DR. Sarika Nair
3. Modafinil Tablets Boost Executive Functions
Author: Lewis Paul
4. The Significance Of Dental Care To Your Overall Health
Author: Donnell Nash
5. Can Counselling Get You Out Of A Bad Relationship?
Author: Richard Gosling
6. 6 Herbal Extracts That Treat Daily Health Concerns Naturally
Author: Quantum Naturals
7. Tips For Ivf Success By Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
8. Pros And Cons Of Plastic Surgery
Author: Kelly Sanchez
9. How To Know The Effect Of The Invisalign Treatment?
Author: Joseph Donald
10. Heart: Care For It And Live Longer
11. How To Find The Perfect Orthodontist In Lafayette?
Author: Thomas Mark
12. Chose The Best In Orthopedic
Author: Sandeep Tomar
13. How Effective Are The Lung Test Devices And How Can It Keep You Healthy?
Author: Natasha Adhikary
14. The Best Cardiologists In India: Dr Naresh Trehan & Dr Ashok Seth
Author: Medical Services of India
15. Why You Should Go For Fermenting Foods And Vegetables
Author: Kriben Govender