ALL >> Wedding >> View Article
The Tradition Of Wedding Anniversary Cakes
Total Articles: 3
Cakes are a major part of any celebration and it is a prime attention grabber and the focus of everyone. An anniversary is no exception, and if your wedding anniversary is round the corner, prepares a splendid cake to celebrate your occasion in a grand manner.
Anniversary cakes are always a wonderful surprise for the happy couple. It is a pleasure to cut, say a few words and share it with all the guests and family members. In olden times the first wedding anniversary was commonly when couples celebrated the birth of their first child. The top tier of the wedding cake was usually preserved and used as a part of the child's christening celebration. With the passage of time, many couples delayed having children beyond the first wedding anniversary, causing the tradition to become obsolete. Subsequently, couples began using the top tier of the wedding cake on the first anniversary as a reminder of their wedding day and to honor their first year of a happy marriage union. This custom is said to have originated as a concept of wealth for a couple to freeze the top portion of their wedding cake, thaw it out and eat it on their first anniversary. The tradition of saving a piece of wedding cake, usually the small top tier, is an old tradition that some couples still follow today.
Even if you have not saved a part of your wedding cake, you can still order a replica of it for your anniversary. Wedding anniversary cakes in the three-tier wedding cake style are a favorite for couples celebrating their first anniversaries. It reminds them of the special day when the two of them began their journey in life together. The occasion is also memorable as it marks an important milestone in their marriage, 365 days of marriage bliss. There are also different cakes for Landmark Anniversaries including your 5th, silver and golden anniversaries.
A variety of fresh and delicious anniversary cakes is available in many designs, sizes and flavors ranging from the ever favorite chocolate to vanilla and butterscotch among others. They also come with different fillings and icings or can be flavored and filled and decorated according to your specifications. The anniversary cakes can also be filled in the center with our many different filling flavors including lemon, raspberry and Bavarian cream. Photo cakes are a novelty item and hugely popular on wedding anniversaries. With the advancement of technology to print any picture on any cake, many couples now go for personalized anniversary cakes with a picture of them on their wedding day.
Celebrate another passing of a year in your happily married life in a grand way with these special and fabulous cakes. Handcrafted with elegance and with the choicest of ingredients, your cake can also include a personalized message of your choice. There is no better way to make your occasion more wonderful and memorable than with a celebratory wedding anniversary cake.
Wedding Articles1. 2 Bridesmaid Dresses Trends That Are Favored By Most Fashion Designers!
2. How To Chose Your Wedding Car?
3. Events By Keisha- A Professional Choice For Successful Party
Author: Keisha Walker
4. Have You Found Your Fort Lauderdale Wedding Photographers Yet?
5. Smart Guide To Flower Decoration In Plush Event Venues Of Bangalore
Author: Syed Atif
6. Top Wedding Reception Ideas For A Truly Successful Event
7. Luxury Features Of Bangalore Wedding Resorts
Author: Atif Syed
8. Share Wedding Video Invitations Online With Friends And Family Members
Author: Abhishek Sawant
9. How To Plan The Best Caribbean Wedding
Author: Romanus Melius
10. Carda - Buy Online Wedding Cards, Wedding Hampers, Indian Wedding Invitations & Envelopers Design
Author: Carda Cards
11. How To Order For A Lovely Gujarati Wedding Kankotri Invite?
Author: Mangesh Shah
12. Bangalore Banquet Halls And Grand Ideas To Decorate Them
Author: Syed Atif
13. How To Live A Happy Married Life (part 4)
14. A Few Things To Know About Wedding Photography And Wedding Photographer In Cancun
Author: Luckie Photography
15. Dreaming Of A Grand Royal Indian Wedding??
Author: Hari Kant