ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
How Different Are Cloud Service Providers Vis A Vis General It Service Providers Market?
Total Articles: 7
The question seems to be very intriguing as we can see that both sounds similar and still there is a question which is differentiating. But, the fact is that Cloud service management are meant for Cloud Provider ( IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) to their end clients. We need to understand first, what is Cloud Infrastructure? to answer the question. Every enterprises have their data centers to manage their tons of information resources. Earlier, they had to own these servers ,but, now they can outsource to third party Cloud providers on pay as you use basis. This helps the enterprise to save on cost and reduce overhead expenses like Staff expenses. There are Cloud service providers who manage this cloud infrastructure on behalf of the Cloud providers for the enterprises. Cloud Infrastructure management includes setting up Cloud architecture to migrating data centers to Cloud. Followed by cost performance optimization to system monitoring, traffic management and security. In addition, there is another service for managing D
evOps (Development and Operation) for developing software on cloud. Services includes source control and agile development tools integration to automatic code deployment.
General IT service providers are the super set to the Cloud providers. IT managed services includes software development to implementation, followed by support and monitoring. These services are majorly done for clients having on premise servers. Cloud managed services need a bit different expertise than on premise IT managed services. Cloud managed services are dependent on the products and service features ( EC2, S3, SQS, Cloudfront, Mapreduce etc) provided by different Cloud Providers like Amazon Web Services, Azure, Rackspace, Joyent, IBM SoftLayer etc. IT managed services are dependent on the operating system ( like windows, linux, Mac etc) , development skills ( PHP, .Net, JAVA etc).
Complete IT based technology services contribute around $4 Trillion market and out of which Cloud providers contribute $16 Billion to the market. The most important aspect to the fact and figures is that the Cloud Computing business is in the nascent stage of the business cycle. Amazon Web Services is the market leader and contributes 30% of the total revenue. Azure has the fastest growth of about 96% year on year followed by Google at 87%.
Global IT services market grows at an average rate of 2.5% to 3% annually. Whereas, Global Cloud services market grows at an average rate of 50% annually. General IT services companies are slowly diversifying their service offering to Cloud computing services to stay in the competition and reap the maximum benefit from the growing market.Cloud computing is expanding its wing into other form of latest technologies like Big Data analytics, predictive analytics, Internet Of Things. Where IT services market is gradually approaching the aeging market ,but, Cloud computing is slowly taking its acceleration with the growing economy.
Web Hosting Articles1. Creating Faster Websites And Website Monitoring For A Global Business
2. Brief Overview Of Public Cloud Hosting Solutions
3. Importance Of Dns For Website Uptime
4. Build Your Social Website Without Any Efforts
5. Why Failover Support Is Needed For Your Business Website?
6. Why Use A Site Monitor Service To Check A Site’s Api Responses?
7. 7 Questions To Ask Regarding The Security Of Hosting Services
Author: Andrew Stevenson
8. Knowing The Domain Registration From The Guidance Of Hosting Provider
Author: Prism online
9. Types Of Serveriu Hostingas And Their Advantages And Disadvantages
Author: Host Net
10. Know The Right Difference Between Cloud & Virtualization
Author: Manoj Nagesh
11. Dedicated Servers – To Manage Workloads In A Performance Driven Environment
12. Don’t Rely On Free Online Website Monitoring Tools For Accurate Site Performance Assessment
13. Is Your Website Really Experiencing Downtime And How To Resolve Common Issues?
14. How To Advertise After A Natural Disaster?
15. Things You Need To Monitor Before Your Website Launch