ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Tips For General Kitchen Counter-top Care
Total Articles: 16
Counter-tops add function and beauty to your kitchen. Adequate care and routine maintenance of your counter-tops should be followed to safeguard your investment and to retain its original glaze finish and appearance. Some counter-top styles and materials need very less maintenance and a few different counter superior fabricated natural stone might need a lot of maintenance. Following are few general rules for caring your kitchen counter-tops.
• Knowing the type of counter-tops you have: Most counter-tops can hold up with same basic care. But there are few types that need very specific care and daily maintenance.
• Also some counter-tops have substances that should not be allowed to sit down or spilled for extended periods of time.
• For example, vinegar works great to clean laminate counter-tops whereas it goes terrible with marble counter-tops.
• Watch out for over heat: Be cautious of what intense changes in temperature will do to your counter-tops.
• For example, one can use pot holders and trivets to shield your counter-tops from hot surfaces.
• Wipe over the spills when they happen: Porous stone that needs sealing can permeate spills and ends up in discoloration.
• Spills have the chance to mark and stain every counter-top surface. Once spill happens, promptly take time to clean it.
• Removing them instantly can secure your counter-tops in the long run.
• Doing up daily basic care: Dirt and Dust erode counter-top surfaces. For this, daily care for your counter-tops becomes necessary.
• By using a soft clean cloth, they need to be wiped down once not used. Just in case of intensive clean up, soft cloth and warm water can be used for routine cleaning.
• Make sure that you check the instructions for specific counter-tops before moving forward with other steps.
• Keep the cleaning simple and handy: To protect your counter-tops, start with basic ways of cleaning with water or dry dusting.
• Depending on the counter type, if it desires additional cleanup and care, move to special cleaners or soaps.
• Few maintenance requirements: Knowing the responsibilities for maintaining your counter-tops will keep you away from unpleasant effects.
• Majority of the natural stone counter-tops need to be sealed every six months depending on the type and use of stone. Counter-top sealing keeps them usable and strong.
• Avoid exposing the surfaces to strong chemicals such as rust removers, kitchen appliance cleaners and paint removers which may lead to permanent damage.
• Heavy metal objects ought to be lifted and so set down rather than dragging them across the counter-top surface.
• Acidic substances such as lime juice, vinegar can damage the surface. Hence, they have to be cleaned up as early as possible.
No matter what kind of counter-tops you put in, they frequently have to be cleaned. Little cleaning goes a long way with all counters tops and most does well with just a damp cleaning cloth.
Allied Stone, Inc. specializes in unique and customized kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities. Allied Stone countertops in Houston help you completely customize your kitchen countertops. We have exceptional designs in granite, marble, onyx, soapstone of the highest quality. Allied Stone quartz countertops in Houston come with only the highest quality stone and level of workmanship.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Know About Interior Sliding Glass Doors For The Modern Home Or Office?
Author: Lyle Ganske
2. Tips And Tricks For Perth Kitchen Renovations
Author: the maker
3. Tropical Flowers: 4 Reasons Why They Make A Good Choice
Author: Tom Robinson
4. What To Watch Out For When Water Damage Occurs
Author: ServiceMaster by Wright
5. Key Factors That You Should Consider Choosing Emergency Plumber
Author: Bryson Kaleb
6. How To Buy The Right Bed Mattress Under Your Budget?
Author: Harish Chauhan
7. How To Choose The Best Window Blinds For Home Improvement
Author: Impress Blinds
8. The Increasing Importance Of Plant Protection & Its Approaches
Author: Paul Gooderham
9. How To Decrease Your Landscape Maintenance Hassle
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
10. Fall Maintenance Tips For Your Fauquier Horse Barn
Author: Bryson Kaleb
11. Pest Control For Saving Homes And Furniture Becomes Digitally Enhanced
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. Thinking Of Putting Up A Fence? Have A Look At Its Variants At First
Author: Michael Gilmore
13. Ways How You Can Save Your Roof From Premature Death
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Why To Hire Experts When You Plan To Buy A Property?
Author: Adam Leworthy
15. Important Criteria For Choosing A Horse Barn Shed
Author: Bryson Kaleb