ALL >> Business >> View Article
What To Know About Pgp Encryption Technology?
Total Articles: 9
The term PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) encryption may sound funny, but is a heavyweight name is the cryptology industry. Besides getting used in the government sectors, PGP encryption is widely used by commercial email users in order to keep the data safe from hackers or unauthorized elements.
PGP encryption technology was created in 1991 by Phillip Zimmerman. Specifically designed to secure the messages or emails, this technology is based purely on the ‘Open PGP’ for the encryption and decryption purposes. With a help of a specific system and public key cryptography, encrypted data can be sent successfully over the internet and can be decrypted as soon as it reaches at the destination part.
In reality, PGP encryption works at its best because of the public-key cryptography. Read on to find how it works.
When an email is sent over the internet, it reaches to the destination in an encrypted form. Usually the email reaches to the recipient in a combination of jumble of letters and numbers that does not make any sense at all. Since it is now in a code like form, thus the recipient needs a key in order to unlock the message. With the use of right key, the message can be converted back to its original form, so that the user can read it clearly. Encryption is needed in order to eliminate the interference of the unauthorized individuals. Even if the third party intercepts your email before it reaches to the right destination, he/she will get your email in a couple of lines which are already in an encrypted form. However, the right recipient will be able to decrypt the message with the help of password which is actually a key.
To get the whole procedure in simple words, you can think of a mailbox which is located in front of your resident. Obviously, its location is not a secret and your letters are being put into it, but you don’t have to worry about it as your mailbox will not get opened without the right key. Public-key cryptography works on similar principal.
Since PGP encryption is a success in the cryptology industry, thus is now getting used in handheld devices also. There are, in fact many cell phone companies that have included PGP encryption services in their devices. For example: you must have heard of Blackberry PGP encryption technology which is getting used widely in Blackberry handsets.
Besides getting this service as an in-built service, one can also get this service upon request. So, send or receive your emails/messages over the internet with the aid of PGP encryption technology.
Business Articles1. Household Shifting Services In Bangalore Mumbai Unionpackers
2. How Can You Lower Your Lcl Sea Freight Costs?
3. How To Keep Yourself Safe While Working At Heights
4. Opportunities For The Global Gallium Arsenide Wafer Market To Reach $1.3 Billion By 2023
5. Floral Arrangement For The Perfect Summer Wedding
Author: John Miller
6. 5 Reasons Why Your Website Need Mobile App Development
Author: Anshul Sharma
7. A Gift For Planning Your Event
8. Why Is A Good Night Sleep Essential?
Author: Lewis Carroll
9. Sterlite Copper - The Journey Through Controversies
Author: Alanna Alberto
10. Enhancing Your Business Sales Using Wordpress
11. With Proper Training And Certificates, One Can Become An Expert Risk Manager
Author: George Hoover
12. Anand Enterprises
Author: Anand Enterprises
13. A Good Adwords Agency Is Things You Will Need For The Company!
Author: Magdalene Munter
14. Top Advantages Of Asphalt Seal Coating In Ontario
Author: Vadim Muravyev
15. Take Your Travel Experience Into Another Level By Exploring The Best Location Of India