ALL >> Travel >> View Article
2 Exciting Ways To Explore The Underwater World Around The Andaman Islands
Total Articles: 621
The Andamans boast of some exquisite beaches, wondrous natural sites, amazing animals, rich forests and magnificent sunsets. But as beautiful as the islands are, the amazing world that awaits visitors underwater is even more mesmerising. Here are two ways you can explore this treasure trove of natural beauty during your Andaman tour.
The Andamans are home to some of the most beautiful coral reefs in the world that harbour many rare and endangered types of coral as well. Snorkelling is a popular adventure activity that allows people to witness the beauty of the marine plant and animal life around the islands, right off breathtaking white sand beaches. For snorkelling, all you need is a mask with a snorkel tube and flippers, and of course, a spirit of adventure. There are many places, especially on Havelock Island, where you can rent snorkelling gear. While a good lung capacity and experience holding your breath underwater helps, it’s not really necessary since you can always swim right on the surface with your head underwater, and still take in air through the breathing tube that remains just above the waterline. However, even for experienced swimmers, snorkelling doesn’t allow one to go deeper than 20 to 30 feet. If that doesn’t seem like enough, you may want to try...
If you really want to get deeper and explore the wonders of the underwater world, then scuba diving is a better, and more exciting, option. Of course, you need more gear and at least a few hours’ worth of training, but assisted dives that include an instructor who dives along with you and guides you, are available through a number of diving centres. While diving in itself is considered a life-changing experience, diving around the Andamans with its rich marine life makes for a memory you won’t ever forget, so make sure you try it at least once during your Andaman tour. Popular dive sites include those around Havelock Island, Snake Island off Corbyn’s Cove beach, Bala Reef and Mahatma Gandhi National Park. The dive sites around the national park especially are home to amazing varieties of bright tropical fish such as surgeons, barracuda, snappers, sweetlips, Giant Trevally and Bumphead Parrotfish. Almost every dive around the Andamans is guaranteed to let you spot a range of wonderful marine life, beautiful corals and sponges and even endemic species like the Andaman Damselfish, Andaman Sweetlips, and the distinctive Indian-Ocean Spinecheek Anemonefish. Don’t worry if you’re not familiar with all the species yet, your diving instructor will point out most of them and brief you before and after every dive.
About the Author
Seenu Mathew is a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Travelling and photography are his passions. He recently returned from one of the Andaman tour packages and was mesmerized by the beauty that the waters around the islands hold. In this article, he lists two thrilling ways fellow travellers can explore that beauty for themselves when they visit the Andaman Islands.
Travel Articles1. Indian Visa On Arrival
2. Here Are The Top Perfect Destinations For Corporate Outings In Hyderabad:
Author: Aakruthi priya
3. Respect The Events Of The Holiday Season With A Limo Rental Of Atlanta
Author: john wick
4. A Schengen Tourist Visa Allows You To Move Across Many European Countries With A Single Visa
5. Top Destinations To Spend Your Christmas And New Year
6. Breathe In A World Class Resort
Author: Amish Chovan
7. 5 Advantages Of Flying Business Class
Author: Stephen Adair
8. Why Do You Choose Bachelorette Party Bus Rental In Austin?
Author: Robert Lopez
9. Plan Your Best Summer Trip With Collegiate Travels
10. Holiday Appropriate Transportation Made Possible Via Dc Charter Bus Company
Author: David WILSON
11. Collegiate Travels Makes Fraternity Trips Stress Free
12. The Ultimate Elopement With Executive Car Service Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
13. Freedom To Explore South Africa Without Restrictions
14. Rent A Car For The Freedom You Need To Explore Africa At Your Own Pace!
15. Car Rentals To Make Your Airport Journey Affordable And Comfortable In Maui!
Author: Vikram Kumar