ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
8 Pointers For A Great Adult Costume Party
Total Articles: 4777
We have all been to great costume parties and we have all been to not-so-great costume parties. No matter how hard hosts and hostesses try some guests either don't get the message or don't take the message seriously.
One or two out-of-place guests can put a damper on the most novel of parties. To pull off a great adult costume party, everyone must be aware of the theme and commit to the fun.
Here are six pointers to help make your adult costume party a success.
1. Theme - If you are thinking of a costume party, you probably have a theme in mind. Perhaps, it is a casino night, a sexy gal bachelorette party, an Oscar night of your own or some other special celebration. Whatever your theme, spend some time developing that idea in your own mind. Review all the preparations and see how many offer opportunities to advance your theme. The more committed you preparations are to your theme the more committed the guests will be at the party.
2. Invitations - Sometimes adult costume parties fall apart before they begin. For costume parties a theme filled invitation sets the tone and delivers the right message. Use some art to underscore your party's theme. Adopt the language in the invitation to your concept and don't be afraid to offer prize for the most fitting costumes. Show your guests that this is one costume party that will not be off message and their efforts will be appreciated.
3. Costume - Some guests are hesitant to get in costume. Most of them do not know where to begin the search for great theme costumes. Chances are that you have already scoped the scene. Help them out by including a costume party solution to your invitation. Include a link to an online costume provider and mention a few ideas. Making it easy for your guests to get in costume and in the mood will only help assure the theme's continuity and the party's success.
4. Music - Music is for parties! And, music that highlights your theme will keep the guests in the mood, in the moment and in their costumes. Whatever your theme, there is music to match. Spread the sound throughout the party and the rest will take care of itself.
5. Food - Well, you can't disguise food but you can be assured it will get everyone's attention. Plan you appetizers, entrees, beverages and desserts to stay on message. Use your culinary skills to reinforce your theme.
6. Games - Games that keep the guests in character are the best. Accept the likelihood that a few guests may initially be reluctant to participate, but go for it. Games are a great way to increase enjoyment and get guests comfortable. Develop games that are in theme and award prizes to the winners.
7. Prizes - On your invitation, state that there will be prizes for "Best in Theme," "Least Recognizable," "Most Out of Character" or whatever title best fits your theme. Keep the prizes in theme too so that whenever the recipient sees the prize they will think of you and your costume party.
8. Reach for the Stars - With the renewed popularity of adult costume parties, you will be amazed at the number of costumes that are available. There is no party theme for which costumes, masks and accessories cannot be found. If your idea seems a little far-fetched, get on the Internet and research your costume and them options.
Be assured that the key to your costume party is you. Follow our suggestions with your own initiatives and some jazzy decorations and you will have your best costume party yet. Have fun and celebrate!
Costume Alibi is a leading online retailer in the US of adult costumes and masks, childrens costumes and more. Visit online today for their complete line and have some fun!
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Cole Haan Boots: His And Hers
Author: Dan Zapatka
2. Beautifully Customize T Shirts With Quality Printing In Atlanta
Author: Kelly Hill
3. Three Things To Look For In A Boudoir Photographer
4. Best Bridal Makeup In Haldwani Is In Your Neighborhood
5. Maybelline Cosmetics: The Unsung Hero Of Beauty
6. 5 Great Reasons To Wear Sunglasses In Winter
Author: Ravi Shankar
7. Pakistani Cotton Lawn Suits With Chiffon Dupatta
8. The Endless Options For Stacking Rings With Names
Author: Annie Reh
9. How Does Fashion Influence The Lives Of Students?
Author: Scott Wolstein
10. Nine Simple Ways To Live A More Eco-friendly Lifestyle Part 1.
Author: ZestTex International
11. Three Trends That Will Dominate The Tattoo Industry In 2018
Author: Celebrity Ink Tattoo Bali
12. Travel Hacks That Make Traveling With Kids Easier
13. Best Fashion Designing Colleges In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
14. To Weed Or Not To Weed! This The Time To Make A Statement
Author: James Manuele
15. Best Place To Buy Diamond Ring In San Antonio, Texas
Author: Andy Smith