ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Snmp Simulator – An Overview
Total Articles: 103
An SNMP Simulator is a kind of computer simulation that simulates the SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) interface. Opposite to network simulation, which copies the performance of a network within a computer system, the SNMP simulator in reality interfaces with outside systems, for instance Network Management Application software into believing it’s talking through the SNMP protocol to one or more devices, just like a flight simulator enables a pilot to believe they’re flying an airplane.
SNMP simulators are employed for development, testing and training of network management system software. Prior to the arrival of simulators, real physical equipments were used. The measurability of simulators considerably decreases the expenditure in this area.
Aspects in this area differ extensively, from the no-cost to business offerings. It isn’t unusual for advanced simulators to simulate thousands of devices on a common PC hardware. Setting up any number of examples on any number of device types is standard functionality. The improved simulators will permit to create any kind of vibrant circumstances, both in terms of MIB object behaviour and trap generation as well. Since present network management principles encompass a set of protocols, the enhanced simulators incorporate the present network management standards, such as command line interfaces, NetFlow, etc.
Normally, SNMP simulators are used in laboratories which include both Network Management Application software and devices to use the software for the above purposes.
MIMIC SNMP Agent Simulator creates a network of up to 100,000 SNMP-manageable devices. You can create any SNMP-based device with any number of public or private MIBs to run a large variety of device configurations with your SNMP management application. It lets you generate thousands of traps to simulate disaster scenarios.
MIMIC ships with a large number of pre-compiled MIBs, networks and devices from the leading networking companies.
About Author :
Gambit Communications is the leader in Network Management and SNMP simulator tools that enhance the productivity of management software developers.
Hardware/Software Articles1. Finding The Best Repairing Services For Apple Products
Author: Michael Clark
2. Benefits Of Purchasing Original Equipment Manufacturer Parts
Author: Get more detail about OEM manufacturer
3. Best Route Planner App Helps A Lot When It Comes To Do Business On The Go!
Author: John Pearson
4. Comcast Approved Modems Are Reliable And Also Come With Money Back Guarantee Like Option!
Author: Kelvin Pitter
5. Trusted Macbook Pro Repair Service Provider In Mumbai
Author: Mike Rakhangi
6. How To Choose The Best Shopping Cart Software?
Author: Venkateshwarlu Kakkireni
7. Tips To Increase Inventory Management Performance With Quickbooks Support
Author: Jennifer Scott
8. 5-step Guide To Pick A Privilege Software Of Erp
Author: Alex Forsyth
9. ‘push Notifications’ Sits At The Helm Of Targeted Advertising In The New Digital Era
10. Android App Development Company |android Mobile App Developer’s Pune India
Author: aston martin
11. Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, And Beyond
Author: Nathan White
12. Own Spectrum Approved Modems And Save Money!
Author: Time Warner approved modems, Spectrum Approved Mod
13. Integrate Hrms Software To Reduce Your Hr Burden
Author: Rahul Pawar
14. Get Epson Printer Help In One Call!
15. Lean Manufacturing Erp Software
Author: eresource Infotech