ALL >> Business >> View Article
Trademark Registration And Queries Related To It
Total Articles: 70
Everything about company incorporation has changed over the years, except the policy of trademark. The value of a logo that would differentiate companies from one to another is still quite high. There have been not many changes in this context and companies continue to design new and interactive logo that could perfectly describe their business. The mark is as important to the company as its name and used almost everywhere. The process of trademark registration is not similar and differs from country to country. For instance, Hong Kong Company will have to follow a distinct set of rules and policies in order to achieve the trademark for the company.
Trademark registration requires you to understand the concept in detail so that you don’t follow the wrong path and thereby, delay the process. Following are the characteristics of a trademark:
• It is a mark that differentiates commodities of one company to another
• The owner of the trademark has exclusive rights over its trademark that is protected by law
• It can be composed using words, letters, figures, colors, symbols, graphics, etc.
• It shouldn’t resemble the national flag or emblem of any country, organization, or any other recognized body
Make sure that your choice satisfies the aforementioned points successfully. In any way, if the mark doesn’t comply with the rules, your request will be rejected and you will have to apply for a fresh registration again. Once you are ready to apply for the trademark registration, take a tour through the following points:
• Check for its distinctness – Make sure that the trademark is not similar to any other business and clearly distinguishes your goods and commodities from the rest of the traders
• Whether it relates to the theme of the company – The mark is a symbol of the company and should reflect its core purpose. Though this is not mandatory, having a logo that reflects the type of service you are actually involved in helps in garnering a positive appreciation from the customers
• Whether or not it is a generic term in the industry
Some other queries to register a trade mark that may arise in the future are:
• Documents required to be submitted – Applicant’s identity document, a picture that will clearly show the design of the trademark, duly filled application
• Processing time – For Hong Kong, it is 4 to 8 months. Hong Kong has the lowest processing period for a trademark. The processing time in other countries is generally 12 to 24 months
• Validity – 10 years. The trademark can be renewed every 10 years.
The government of Hong Kong tries to make business as simple as possible for its entrepreneurs. You can easily go through the Hong Kong Company Registry to see which marks are already taken. Go to the Hong Kong based business consultancies that can help in this process. They are experienced groups who have all the experience and knowhow of business incorporation and other stuff associated with it.
Business Articles1. Tiles Style Guide For Your Home Interior Décor!
Author: Ruchir Jethva
2. What Are Gst’s Seven Deadly Defects?
Author: Mohit Yadev
3. The Asean (association Of Southeast Asian Nations) Automotive Composites Market Is Expected To Grow
Author: Lucintel LLC
4. The Expanding Scope And Sphere Of Artificial Intelligence
Author: Avaali Solutions
5. Best Performance Based Software Development Company
6. Tips To Choose A Interior Designers For Home
Author: Anny winslet
7. 5 Tips To Find A Notable Insurance Accident Repair Centre!
Author: Rob Porter
8. How Can You Set Your Mark In The World Of Construction Using Online Business Directories?
Author: John Smith
9. Buy Cheap Assignment Online
10. Vilnius Activities & Tours
11. An Introduction To Thermal Spray
Author: Ross Barkely
12. How To Find The Best Towbar Accessories Suppliers In Australia
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. How To Gain Good Profit On Comex Signals By Gold Crude Research
Author: Gold Crude Research
14. Uk's Largest Canopies And Walkways Supplier
15. Residential Pest Control - How You Can Prevent Insect Problems
Author: Michael Gray