ALL >> Family >> View Article
Help Tips For Parents Who Want To Practice Positive Parenting
Total Articles: 265
Positive parenting is one topic that has been getting a lot of talk lately and opinions on what it actually means vary a great deal. For the most part, positive parenting involves effective communication with the children and encouraging positive behavior. At the same time, parents should be disciplining their children and correcting behavior that is undesirable, inappropriate, or unwanted. Parents can do this in a positive manner. This article will cover a few effective strategies that you can use to start practicing positive parenting.
Play is one of the most important activities in any child's life. While playing, children can develop many aspects of their creativity and intelligence.
Nowadays, children should be encouraged to play outside as well. Although it's good for children to engage in sports or any other organized activity, they should also be allowed to engage in unstructured playtime. Those times of unstructured play are opportunities for children to make use of their imagination. More importantly, studies indicate that children who spend time outdoors tend to have fewer behavior problems than children who are always inside the house playing games on the computer or watching TV. It's your job as a parent to correct your child whenever he or she behaves in an inappropriate manner. However, when you're correcting your child, avoid directly criticizing him or her. You should focus on the behavior that's inappropriate and you need to communicate to your child as best as you can as to why that particular behavior is inappropriate. For instance, if your child gets a low score on a test, stress to your child why he or she should study harder. Never call your child names or even tell your child how "bad" or "stupid" he or she is. Your child needs to know why you have set certain rules and that you expect him or her to abide by those rules. Putting a negative label on the child, however, is only going to reinforce the unwanted behavior. You should always criticize or correct the behavior rather than the child.
An important aspect of positive parenting is encouraging healthy habits. You'll want your child to eat healthily and be more active. Today this can be a challenging thing since there's a lot of temptations that will cause your child to develop bad habits. What you can do, however, is make better food choices and cook healthy meals for your child. Also, you shouldn't allow your child to spend all his or her time on the computer or in front of the TV. Your child needs to get regular physical activity. You'll need to set limits and not let your child be dependent on passive forms of entertainment.
One of the things that positive parenting does is allow you to develop a healthy relationship with your children. Whether your child is faced with a problem in school or at home, you can practice positive parenting by focusing on the positive outcome instead of on the problem. So if positive parenting is an approach you'd like to try using in raising your children, try applying the suggestions we've mentioned in this article. You'll find more information on the subject online as well. Positive parenting can be simply applied in your life. Check out for more.
Family Articles1. How To Choose The Right Adoption Agency
Author: Marc Deschamps
2. Mobile Dog Grooming Sandton Can Be Very Beneficial For Your Dog’s Health!
3. Show Your Love By Gifting The Best Gift They Deserve
Author: eAlpha Shopping
4. Mobile Dog Grooming Midrand Brings Maximum Convenience For The Pet Owners!
5. Mobile Dog Grooming Randburg Helps Pets To Stay Healthy And Happy On A Long Run!
6. Live The High Life With Loft Living
Author: Harp Kaur
7. When To Hire Ca Live-in Care Agency?
Author: Gabriel Fulton
8. Avail 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Services To Lead A Quality Lifestyle At The Elderly Age
9. Professional Dog Groomers Are Going To Arrive With The Mobile Grooming Parlour!
Author: Michelle Smith
10. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
11. The Online Project Management Tools Can Help The Project Manager In Successfully Handling The Projec
12. What' Do We Need To Know About Alzheimer's Disease?
Author: kankei Care
13. Common Skin Problems And Newborn Skin Care Tips
14. Take A Break From Your Responsibilities By Availing Respite Care Sunshine Coast Services
15. Why Do Seniors Injure Themselves More As They Age?
Author: David DuPont