ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Frequent Travelers Should Consider The Apple Watch
Total Articles: 211
While savvy travelers know how to find cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, discount travel deals, and cheap vacation packages, they sometimes are not as quick to pick up on technological advances that can make traveling more enjoyable.
The new Apple Watch is such a device and is priced starting at $350 with nifty new functions that are particular useful for frequent travelers. This watch will only work for people who use an iPhone 6 cell phone.
The Apple Watch is available for pre-order on April 10th and on sale on April 24th. Features offered that could streamline several practical facets of your trip, according to Jamie Beckman, include:
• In addition to built in apps such as Passbook, which stores boarding passes and tickets and reminds people when to use them, there will be several travel related apps available for download on the Apple Watch. This will be an ultra-customizable watch depending on what is important to individual users when traveling.
• There is a Starwood Hotels app that will allow users to check in the second they enter a hotel’s lobby, with no front desk stop required, send the user his room number, and enable the user to simply wave his wrist in front of his hotel door to unlock it. Starwood eventually wants to enhance its app so that the watch can store guest preferences so that a guest’s favorite cocktail can be delivered as soon as the person sits down at the bar.
• American Airlines has come out with an app that reminds passengers, via the Apple Watch, when to leave for the airport, check in for the flight directly from the watch, and provides easy to view details in the air, such as how much time is left before landing, where the plane is in the sky, which baggage carousel will disburse the plane’s luggage, and information about connections.
• Auto time zone adjustment is handled by this watch, eliminating the need to adjust your watch’s crown after landing. The same is true of adjusting time for when Daylight Savings Time kicks in.
• Vibrations from the Apple Watch sent to a user’s wrist will subtly tell that person which way to turn to reach his destination. This comes in handy for people visiting an unfamiliar city who want to avoid looking like a tourist, whether for safety or vanity reasons. The watch’s battery life will last 18 hours.
• Apple Pay is possible with this watch by double clicking a button on the side of Apple Watch and then holding it up next to a merchant’s payment reader. If someone steals your Apple Watch, the device senses that no one is wearing it and goes into lockdown mode until a code is entered to activate Apple Pay again.
• An all-day fitness tracker comes with this watch. By entering the Apple Watch’s Activity app, which includes an accelerometer to track your body’s movements, you can measure your physical intensity via your heart rate. Combined with the GPS and Wi-Fi in an iPhone 6 you can record how far you have walked and the Apple Watch will provide data in useful little charts, including how many calories you have burned. There is a reminder to stand up for at least one minute every hour which is handy on long flights.
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus