ALL >> Family >> View Article
4 Steps To Avoid Trouble Caused By Criminal Tenants
Total Articles: 42
While renting out a property, a landlord should not only think about the safety of the property but he should also be aware of the safety of his family and the neighborhood. In addition to the responsibility to the tenants, landlord is also responsible for protecting the surrounding community from criminal acts of the tenants. There are cases when landlords are being brought to court due to criminal acts such as drug dealing of tenants. In the wake of rising instances of crimes committed by tenants landlords now-a-days understand the risks attached to renting the property out to a stranger.
Landlord should follow certain steps to avoid trouble caused by criminal tenants.
Landlords should screen tenants carefully and choose tenants who are likely to be law-abiding and peaceful citizens so that violent or dangerous individuals can weed out. Police has also made police registration mandatory to curb issues arising out of unverified tenant. Tenant registration involves registering the tenant with police with all relevant documents of the tenant which discourage tenants from getting into illegal activity. However, tenant registration, is not a foolproof way of assuring that the prospective tenant has a clear track record in terms of misdemeanours and criminal activities.
There are various background screening companies rendering comprehensive tenant verification services. A comprehensive background check can disclose facts about the potential tenant's employment (previous and current), Address (previous, current and permanent), criminal records, disputes with previous landlords, rent payment history, etc. which aids you in taking better decisions when it comes to renting your property. Tenant verification is very crucial as it gives the advantage of verifying the antecedents of the tenant which alerts landlord about the traces of criminal activities associated.
Tenant registration when coupled with tenant background check can work wonders in knowing some vital information regarding the past of the tenant.
Periodic check on the property should be conducted by landlords to ensure it is being maintained in proper manner. It also ensures that no illegal activities being carried out at the rented property. There should be a clear clause in the lease or rental agreement prohibiting drug dealing and other illegal activity and promptly evict tenants who violate the clause.
Landlord should make a well-drawn rental agreement that clearly states the terms and conditions, violations of which will land the tenant in legal hassles. This would discourage the tenant from involving in any wrong activities.
The best way to protect a rented property is by making a well-drafted rental agreement which clearly state the terms and conditions. Rental agreement is very important as landlord can file a lawsuit on violation of any terms by tenant.
Thus, following these simple steps a landlord can reduce the risk of issues arising out of renting out the property to wrong tenant.
Family Articles1. Professional Dog Groomers Are Going To Arrive With The Mobile Grooming Parlour!
Author: Michelle Smith
2. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
3. The Online Project Management Tools Can Help The Project Manager In Successfully Handling The Projec
4. What' Do We Need To Know About Alzheimer's Disease?
Author: kankei Care
5. Common Skin Problems And Newborn Skin Care Tips
6. Take A Break From Your Responsibilities By Availing Respite Care Sunshine Coast Services
7. Why Do Seniors Injure Themselves More As They Age?
Author: David DuPont
8. How Can A Ca Live-in Care Agency Help?
Author: Gabriel Fulton
9. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Services For The Elders To Lead A Quality Lifestyle
10. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
11. What To Look In A Mail Order Brides Online? More Information For You To Find Out Here!
12. 7 Powerful Ways To Program Love To Children
13. All You Should Know About Making Donations To The Ngos In India
14. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Offer Quality Lifestyle For Your Elders
15. Relationship Therapy Nederland Can Help You Understand Your Loved Ones In A Better Way!
Author: Angelika Matthias