ALL >> Family >> View Article
Being A Better Parent - 3 Tips To Assist You Use Positive Parenting
Total Articles: 248
In parenting circles, positive parenting has become a buzz topic these days, and it's one topic that has several meanings depending on who you're talking to. Most people think that positive parenting means being a parent who is able to effectively communicate with their children and encourage positive behavior. Then again, it's important to discipline children and restrict undesirable behavior as well. There is a way for parents to do this in a positive way. Let's look into a couple of strategies you can try using to practice positive parenting.
In positive parenting, praise is an essential component. This has to be done in the right way, however, or the message won't be properly communicated. Being specific is important, although it's fine if you let your children know how great they are in general. Praise your child for a specific positive action he or she has done, like getting a good grade on his or her report card. Beware, however, that you don't give out praise too much or indiscriminately that it loses its meaning. When you give praise, do so in a consistent manner and only when it is appropriate. This will indicate to your child that the praises you give him or her are genuine.
One of the essential skills your child needs to learn is reading, and it needs to be a source of pleasure. While your child is young, make it a habit to read to them. This will encourage your child to love reading. As they get older, you can read with them and help them learn new words. Of course, when your child goes to school, he or she is going to be taught how to read. However, this doesn't mean you shouldn't do anything to help them develop their reading skills. By reading with your child, you're teaching them how to appreciate books and learning, and it's a wonderful way for you to bond with them. Make sure that you read a variety of materials to your child (appropriate to your child's age, of course!) because this will help you uncover any talents or interests in your child.
You can practice being a positive parent by encouraging your child to explore new things to satisfy his or her curiosity. Try to find educational toys that your child enjoys playing with. Your child may have a natural talent for art, or be interested in some type of learning. Taking your child on outings to educational places such as museums, planetariums, zoos and other cultural destinations can help encourage such interests. Children like to play on the computer or watch television. You can use these devices as learning tools. For example, you can get computer games that teach children about science, or how to speak a new language, or even how to draw. We've just shared with you some effective ways you can practice positive parenting. The job of a parent is not an easy one. In fact, you'll face a lot of hurdles along the way. Your job can be a tad easier if you make the effort to communicate with your child, making sure you reward good behavior. Positive parenting can be quickly applied in your everyday life. Check out for more.
Family Articles1. Using Benefits Of Humidifier For Babies
Author: Syed tutul
2. Avail Respite Care Sunshine Coast To Take A Break From Your Elderly Care
3. Simple Bits Of Advice On Assisted Living
Author: Nora Fatehi
4. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Services Offer Quality Lifestyle For The Elderly
5. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Programs For The Elderly
6. Hire Reliable And Capable Live In Caregiver Through A Professional Agency
7. Professional Agency For Nannies Or Caregivers: How They Can Help You
8. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Appointing A Live-in Caregiver
9. Baby Gears: Recommendations For Rookies
Author: Bob Smith
10. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Allows Family Careers To Take A Break From Elderly Care
11. Tips To Care Your Newborn Babys
Author: ashutosh Ashu
12. Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
Author: Rose Caiola
13. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
14. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry
15. Find Best Autism Respite Care Providers Online