ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Keep Your Flower Bouquet Fresh For Longer?
Total Articles: 28
Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into.
Henry Beecher, Life Thoughts, 1858
So very true! Receiving a beautiful flower bouquet can surely brighten up your day. The sad thing is that flower bouquets don’t last very long but we can surely keep them fresh for longer by following a few simple steps.
Trim the stem
Before you arrange the bouquet in the vase make sure you trim half inch off the flower stem diagonally. This helps to get rid of any dead tissues and expose fresh new tissues which can suck water much more efficiently. You must repeat this each time you change the water in the vase. Remove leaves, flowers, or branches which would fall below the water line. Having these in the water encourages bacteria growth.
Wash the vase
Each time you change water, wash the vase with soapy water. Doing this helps to remove bacteria’s which get stuck to the vase and reduce the life for your flowers.
Regularly change vase water
Change vase water every 2-3 days. By doing this you are giving fresh clean water and a bacteria free environment to your flowers. Big flower bouquets can absorb water within a day. So keep checking the water levels regularly to keep the flowers from drying up.
Keep flowers away from direct heat
Keep your flowers away from heat and sunshine. Cut flowers are at their peak of maturity and may mature faster if you keep them in sunshine. Choose a dark spot for your flower bouquet to make them last longer.
Use flower food which comes with the flower bouquet to make them last longer. If you don’t have flower food you can make one at home with a few simple ingredients. Each time you change the vase water add 1 teaspoon spoon of sugar, 2 teaspoon of cider vinegar or lemon juice to the water. You can also add 1 teaspoon of bleach to your vase to control bacterial growth.
Please leave comments to share your tips with us.
We are an online cake and flower delivery shop. Surprise your dear ones by sending flower bouquet online. We deliver flowers all over India.
Original blog posted here on: http://blog.indianbakers.com/keep-flower-bouquet-fresh-longer
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma