ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
6 Steps To Winterizing Your Home’s Plumbing In Katy Tx
Total Articles: 10
Avoid Pipe Bursts & Expensive Repairs!
Hey Katy and Sugar Land, TX! It’s coooold out there! The winter can wreak havoc on your home’s plumbing system if you aren’t prepared for the temperature drop. Frozen water in pipes can be inconvenient at best and destructive at worst. As a good preventive measure, get ready for winter with this winterized-plumbing checklist.
1. Fix leaking pipes.
If you have any leaking pipes, now is the time to call Katy TX plumbers, specifically Howell Serves. Any time you have a leaking pipe, you should tend to it immediately. But if it’s “one of those things” you’ve pushed off, now would be a good time to tend to it! Check both inside and outside for leaks. If pipes freeze, whether they are outside or even inside, such as in your attic or crawlspace, the damage to surrounding pipes is likely to be significant. If pipes are insulated check the insulation for wet spots that could indicate a leak.
2. Insulate exposed pipes.
Exposed pipes outside the home need to be insulated. Uncovered pipes in the attic, crawlspace, and garage also need insulation. If you can see the pipe, it needs to be insulated. Pipe insulation is very inexpensive and something you can do on your own. It can save you an expensive repair in the future.
3. Unhook outdoor faucets.
If you have hoses connected to faucets, disconnect them and store them for the winter. This will ensure that no water is left standing in them—that’s water that could eventually freeze. Frozen faucets can lead to huge damage to surrounding plumbing.
4. Turn off and drain your sprinkler system.
You will need to turn off the water to your sprinkler system and drain the pipes. Standing water in the lines can freeze. Turn off the water to the entire system and turn each valve on to ensure water drains from the pipes.
5. Winterize your pump house.
If you have a well and a pump house associated with it, take steps to winterize it. Plumbers in Katy Tx are trained to ensure that the entire pump house be properly insulated as well as any exposed pipes in the pump house. A heat source may be needed to keep the temperature of the pump house above freezing.
6. Know where your shutoff is.
Know where to go to shut off your water in case of an emergency. If something bad happens, you will want to be able to quickly cut off your water supply—even before needing to call a plumber. This will help minimize damage. These easy six steps will help ensure that you’re not faced with any winter plumbing emergencies. Of course, strange things do happen. After all, no one plans for a plumbing problem—no, they just happen.
Howell Services is dedicated to enhancing the level of indoor comfort control for our Fort Bend residential and commercial HVAC customers with the latest in plumbing, air conditioning, heating and indoor air quality technologies. Should you need any help with your home’s plumbing system, as the premier plumbers in Katy TX, you can give your friends at Howell Plumbing a call at 281-232-5292 or visit us at http://howell-services.com/plumbing-services/!
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma