ALL >> Family >> View Article
How To Be A Positive Mom Or Dad
Total Articles: 241
Today, a lot of parents have an interest in developing positive parenting skills. While there's no exact definition for positive parenting, it usually refers to focusing on rewarding good behavior rather than on punishing unwanted behavior. With this parenting approach, the child's self-esteem is given a boost as he or she is encouraged to behave in ways that are deemed appropriate. In this article, we'll talk about some things you can do to become a more positive parent.
Play is one of the most important activities in any child's life. It is while children are playing that their intelligence and creativity are developing.
Playing outdoors is also something that parents should encourage their children to do these days. Although it's good for children to engage in sports or any other organized activity, they should also be allowed to engage in unstructured playtime. This encourages them to use their creativity and imagination. According to some studies, fewer behavior problems are exhibited by children who engage in active play outdoors than children who simply spend all their time indoors watching TV or playing computer computer games. When you are correcting inappropriate behavior by your child, you need to make sure that you don't criticize your child directly. Put your focus on the behavior that's undesirable and take the time to explain to your child the inappropriateness of the behavior. Fo example, if your child scores low on a particular test. What you need to do at this instance is put an emphasis on why he or she should study harder. What you should avoid, however, is calling your child names or saying that he or she is "bad" or "stupid." Your child needs to know why you have set certain rules and that you expect him or her to abide by those rules. Don't negatively label the child; if you do, you're simply reinforcing the undesirable behavior. Your focus should be on correcting the undesirable behavior of your child, not criticizing your child.
Well-behaved kids are kids who are well-rested. Young children in particular need regular naps as well as a good night's sleep.
Your children need to go to bed at a time you designate and you shouldn't let them stay up beyond this. Sometimes consuming too much sugar or caffeinated beverages can interfere with a child's sleep, so be aware of their diet. There are studies indicating rest and sleep are inversely correlated to problems in learning and behavior in children. If children get less rest and sleep, they tend to have more learning and behavior issues.
Learning positive parenting skills and applying those skills are things that any parent can do. You don't need to possess some kind of special talent. You only need to be willing to learn this parenting approach. It can sometimes be challenging to find enough time every day to pay enough attention to your child and to take an interest in his or her everyday activities. Remember, though, that when you take an active interest in your child's life, your child will be more secure. For more techniques on exactly how to apply positive parenting methods and put them into everyday living, check out
Family Articles1. How To Choose The Right Adoption Agency
Author: Marc Deschamps
2. Mobile Dog Grooming Sandton Can Be Very Beneficial For Your Dog’s Health!
3. Show Your Love By Gifting The Best Gift They Deserve
Author: eAlpha Shopping
4. Mobile Dog Grooming Midrand Brings Maximum Convenience For The Pet Owners!
5. Mobile Dog Grooming Randburg Helps Pets To Stay Healthy And Happy On A Long Run!
6. Live The High Life With Loft Living
Author: Harp Kaur
7. When To Hire Ca Live-in Care Agency?
Author: Gabriel Fulton
8. Avail 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Services To Lead A Quality Lifestyle At The Elderly Age
9. Professional Dog Groomers Are Going To Arrive With The Mobile Grooming Parlour!
Author: Michelle Smith
10. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
11. The Online Project Management Tools Can Help The Project Manager In Successfully Handling The Projec
12. What' Do We Need To Know About Alzheimer's Disease?
Author: kankei Care
13. Common Skin Problems And Newborn Skin Care Tips
14. Take A Break From Your Responsibilities By Availing Respite Care Sunshine Coast Services
15. Why Do Seniors Injure Themselves More As They Age?
Author: David DuPont