ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
Know Why And How To Migrate Emails From Lotus Notes To Outlook 2010
Total Articles: 12
In the present arena, both Lotus Notes and Outlook has emerged as powerful email clients. Both of them are applications used for emailing, tracking important events and dates and to be in contact with the people. However, due to some advanced features of Outlook, people migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Contrast Between File Formats Of Outlook and Lotus Notes
Outlook saves data file in PST (personal Storage Table) format while Lotus Notes saves in NSF (Notes Storage Format). The file extensions for them are different so it is not possible to open a PST file in Lotus Notes or vice versa. Scenarios arise when there is a need to access Lotus Notes emails in Outlook and thus there is need to migrate emails from Lotus (http://www.nsftopstconvert.com/)Notes to Outlook 2010.
Reasons To Migrate Emails From Lotus Notes To Outlook 2010
The main motive in designing an application is the convenience of users with the full utilization of the resources. The two giant email clients- Lotus Notes and Outlook are designed in order to meet all the requirements of the modern time. However, Outlook had gone one step forward than Notes in rendering its services. Some of the reasons to migrate emails from IBM to Microsoft mail client can be considered as:
• Creating backup decreases the chances of data loss. In Outlook, backup files for emails can be easily created as compared to Lotus Notes.
• The interface provided by Outlook is much flexible than Lotus Notes. It is easier to use and learn Outlook as compared to Lotus Notes.
• Multiple accounts can be configured with both Outlook and Lotus Notes. However, the way of accessing the accounts differ. In Outlook, all the accounts can be accessed from Outlook Window while in Lotus Notes; sign in to different account is done separately.
How To Migrate Emails From Lotus Notes To Outlook 2010
1. Using Import Export Wizard
The migration of emails using export and import wizard is basically divided into two steps:
a) Export Lotus Notes file to CSV
b) Import exported file in Outlook.
Lotus Notes emails are exported in “Tabular text” or “Structured Text” which are supported by Outlook. The files are then imported in Outlook as “Comma Separated Values” or “Tab Separated Values”.
Limitations: Using this process, only contacts from NSF file can be migrated. Rest of the mail data, i.e. emails calendars, tasks etc will not be migrated.
2. Using Export Notes Software
You can migrate emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook 2010 using Export Notes. Through this software, bulk migration of emails is possible. Mail filter option is provided by the software in order to migrate emails between specified dates. If Lotus Notes emails are encrypted, using the tool one can remove the security and have decrypted emails in PST file.
Computer Programming Articles1. Oscommerce Development Services Company|hire Oscommerce Developer
Author: Auxano Global Services
2. Design Java Apps For All Browsers And Devices
Author: Paul Andrews
3. Dealing With Plagiarism
Author: Htl London
4. Excise Tax Implementation In Uae From October 2017
Author: FACTS Computer Software House LLC
5. Shopify Development Services: The New Trend!
Author: Maulik Shah
6. Kill Friction Before It Kills Your Ux
7. Essential Selenium Interview Questions – Part 2
Author: Siyaram Ray
8. Essential Selenium Interview Questions
Author: Siyaram Ray
9. What Is The Significance And Value Of Selenium Testing Training?
Author: Siyaram Ray
10. Secure Your Data Every Time With Vidangel
Author: Online PC Support
11. Developing Dynamic Word Press Websites With Great Features
12. Oops Concept Forms The Basis Of Java Programming Language
Author: There are huge number of institutes for Java in B
13. C Training In Gwalior,c Training Centres In Gwalior
Author: Affy Informatics PVT LTD
14. Introduction Of Java Jdbc
Author: The Best Institute to Learn Java Training in Banga
15. Selenium Testing- Interview Questions That Asked Frequently
Author: Siyaram ray