ALL >> Family >> View Article
3 Useful Parenting Tips
Total Articles: 249
If you want to try the positive parenting approach to raising your children, this article will have a few tips to help you out. Being a positive parent isn't complicated, but it does take a certain amount of time and effort.
For one thing, you have to take an active interest in your child's life and activities. Maintaining healthy communication with your child is important as well, as this will make your child feel at ease to talk to you openly about things, especially those that matter. Start practicing positive parenting with the help of the following tips.
Giving praise is one of the most crucial components of positive parenting. This must be done correctly, though, otherwise you won't be able to properly communicate the message to your child. For this to work, you have to get down to specifics. If your child makes the bed or finishes the food on his or her plate, praise that action. Don't indiscriminately give out praises or it will all become meaningless. When you give praise, do so in a consistent manner and only when it is appropriate. This will indicate to your child that the praises you give him or her are genuine.
Today, most parenting experts believe that the authoritative style is the most effective parenting style. This is not the same as authoritarian, where parents expect to be obeyed without question. On the other hand, authoritative parents, while they lay out specific rules and boundaries, their children can openly discuss these rules and boundaries with them. Some parents confuse the idea of positive parenting with being a permissive parent who doesn't set any rules or boundaries. Positive, authoritative parenting means you take an active role in your children's lives and you lay our appropriate rules and boundaries. At the same time, they are flexible and open to discussing important issues regarding rules.
Adequate rest and sleep is needed by children so they can be healthy and well-behaved. With your young kids, regular naps are essential in addition to the nightly sleep.
Enforce a bedtime for the kids that is reasonable and no matter what, never allow your children to stay up past this time. Sometimes consuming too much sugar or caffeinated beverages can interfere with a child's sleep, so be aware of their diet. Learning and behavior issues tend to be exhibited by children who are not getting adequate rest and sleep. These are just a few things you can do to become a more positive parent. Expect to face many difficulties along the way, as it's not an easy thing to be a parent. Your job can be a tad easier if you make the effort to communicate with your child, making sure you reward good behavior. For more approaches on the way to utilize positive parenting techniques and put them into life, check out
Family Articles1. Building A Circle Of Friends In Your Senior Years
Author: Sudhir Singh
2. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Is The Best Option For Elderly Care At Home
3. Full Time Employee, Entrepreneurand Father – The Highs And Lows
4. Know The Importance Of Maternity And Newborn Baby Photography
Author: Jennifer Gordon
5. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders At Home
6. How To Make The Most Of Your Used Car & Why Should You Upsell?
Author: Kaitlin Miller
7. Tips To Select The Best Car Seat For Infants And Newborns
8. The Older We Get, The Happier We Are: Here’s Why?
Author: Sudhir Singh
9. Oh Summer! (part Deux)
Author: Closest Buddies
10. 3 Developments In Ivf Which Have Helped The Process To Achieve Higher Success Rates
Author: Dr Anoopg
11. A Great Wall Art For Your Home Decor
Author: sudha Santhosh
12. Top 10 Tips For Expats Living In The Uae
Author: Grace Ann
13. Avail Aged Care Sunshine Coast Services For Elderly Care
14. Tips To Make The Best Use Of Matchmaking Services
Author: Abhimanyu Singh
15. Find Best Love Vashikaran Specialist Baba Ji-9888949231
Author: HAJI MOHAMMAD MUSTAFAA ALI No 1 Muslim Astrologer