ALL >> Family >> View Article
3 Useful Parenting Tips
Total Articles: 249
If you want to try the positive parenting approach to raising your children, this article will have a few tips to help you out. Being a positive parent isn't complicated, but it does take a certain amount of time and effort.
For one thing, you have to take an active interest in your child's life and activities. Maintaining healthy communication with your child is important as well, as this will make your child feel at ease to talk to you openly about things, especially those that matter. Start practicing positive parenting with the help of the following tips.
Giving praise is one of the most crucial components of positive parenting. This must be done correctly, though, otherwise you won't be able to properly communicate the message to your child. For this to work, you have to get down to specifics. If your child makes the bed or finishes the food on his or her plate, praise that action. Don't indiscriminately give out praises or it will all become meaningless. When you give praise, do so in a consistent manner and only when it is appropriate. This will indicate to your child that the praises you give him or her are genuine.
Today, most parenting experts believe that the authoritative style is the most effective parenting style. This is not the same as authoritarian, where parents expect to be obeyed without question. On the other hand, authoritative parents, while they lay out specific rules and boundaries, their children can openly discuss these rules and boundaries with them. Some parents confuse the idea of positive parenting with being a permissive parent who doesn't set any rules or boundaries. Positive, authoritative parenting means you take an active role in your children's lives and you lay our appropriate rules and boundaries. At the same time, they are flexible and open to discussing important issues regarding rules.
Adequate rest and sleep is needed by children so they can be healthy and well-behaved. With your young kids, regular naps are essential in addition to the nightly sleep.
Enforce a bedtime for the kids that is reasonable and no matter what, never allow your children to stay up past this time. Sometimes consuming too much sugar or caffeinated beverages can interfere with a child's sleep, so be aware of their diet. Learning and behavior issues tend to be exhibited by children who are not getting adequate rest and sleep. These are just a few things you can do to become a more positive parent. Expect to face many difficulties along the way, as it's not an easy thing to be a parent. Your job can be a tad easier if you make the effort to communicate with your child, making sure you reward good behavior. For more approaches on the way to utilize positive parenting techniques and put them into life, check out
Family Articles1. Professional Dog Groomers Are Going To Arrive With The Mobile Grooming Parlour!
Author: Michelle Smith
2. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
3. The Online Project Management Tools Can Help The Project Manager In Successfully Handling The Projec
4. What' Do We Need To Know About Alzheimer's Disease?
Author: kankei Care
5. Common Skin Problems And Newborn Skin Care Tips
6. Take A Break From Your Responsibilities By Availing Respite Care Sunshine Coast Services
7. Why Do Seniors Injure Themselves More As They Age?
Author: David DuPont
8. How Can A Ca Live-in Care Agency Help?
Author: Gabriel Fulton
9. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Services For The Elders To Lead A Quality Lifestyle
10. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
11. What To Look In A Mail Order Brides Online? More Information For You To Find Out Here!
12. 7 Powerful Ways To Program Love To Children
13. All You Should Know About Making Donations To The Ngos In India
14. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Offer Quality Lifestyle For Your Elders
15. Relationship Therapy Nederland Can Help You Understand Your Loved Ones In A Better Way!
Author: Angelika Matthias