ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Pmc Sends Pre-litigation Notice To Tax Defaulters
Total Articles: 128
In the coming year the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has set a maximum Pune property tax target of Rs. 1000 crore for itself. To achieve the target the civic authority is planning to pull up all the Pune property tax defaulters whose cheques have bounced in the current year. All the people who own a property Pune are liable to pay a property tax to the civic body. However 890 owners of Pune properties defaulted on the payment after their cheques bounced. In an attempt to pull up their socks the civic body has sent pre-litigation notices to 890 property Pune tax defaulters.
Earlier the civic body had even send musical bands to play infront of defaulter owners of Pune properties. This move was planned to embarrass all the defaulters who had not paid Property Pune tax but when even this did not work the civic administration has for the first time send pre-litigation notice. After receiving pre-litigation notice Pune properties tax defaulters can reach out the PMC and get their problems and queries solved regarding tax bill. However incase they fail to turn up they will have to attend court and then take an order directly. In case defaulters fail to pay up they will be liable to pay maximum pending tax amounts.
Earlier the civic body used to send out regular reminders or get the names of people who did not pay the Pune property tax published in the local newspaper. Even after engaging a musical band to embarrass the defaulters may people simply refuse to pay property Pune tax therefore the civic body is taking the extreme step. By taking this step the authorities are hopeful that they will be able to collect Rs 1,000 crore of revenue form Pune properties by the end of the current financial year.
Upto now, the civic body has collected about Rs 630 crore from various owners. According to the official sources the Maharastrian city has around 7.80 lakh Pune property tax payers. In the last week, the civic authority has started to serve notices to defaulters in an attempt to wake them from slumber. Pre-litigation notice fuels actions even before the court processes start. These notices attempt to resolve the pending case before it enters the court. Many out-of-court financial settlements have been resolved by sending such notices. It is yet to be seen how effective these pre-litigation notices prove to be and whether the civic body is able to reach its target of Rs. 1000 crore.
Prospective buyers can search for properties in India and property Pune at Makaan.com, India's fastest growing real estate site. Our website has a comprehensive list of properties in India.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Slated Window Coverings Enhance Rooms With A View
Author: Ciaran Pilkington
2. Find Best Model Homes From Reliable Home Builders
3. Bhadra Legacy – New Luxury Apartments For Sale In Bangalore Near Mg Road
Author: Bhadra Landmarks
4. Never Miss These Things If You Are Planning To Buy A Property In 2018
Author: Varsha Reddy
5. How Technology Impacted On Real Estate Sector
6. Real Estate Best Option To Increase Your Wealth In U.s.a
Author: Reed Goossens
7. 4 Advantages Of Selling Your Home To A Cash Home Buyer
Author: Jesse Tsai
8. What You Should Know About Crankbrook Property Management Of Commercial Properties?
Author: Jack William
9. 7 Amazing Benefits Of Choosing Royal Docks Estate Agents
Author: John Pring
10. Residential Projects In Greater Noida West-eros Group
Author: Eros Group
11. Best Quality Real Estate Podcasts For Foreign Investors
Author: RSN Property Group
12. Ludhiana: Destination Next For Real Estate
Author: Akshay Rathore
13. Ferozpur Highways: Best Place To Buy Your Dream Home
Author: Finstem Group
14. Mysore Villa: A Home You Dream Off
Author: Finstem Group
15. Ghaziabad Housing Experts’ Predictions And A Lot More
Author: Ghaziabad housing experts’ predictions ..