ALL >> Health >> View Article
The Fragrant Path Of Health With Essential Oils
Total Articles: 5
Undoubtedly, the ‘sense’ of oils via aromatherapy or in herbal treatments is rejuvenating. But, the crux is in knowing the difference in their properties and uses of aromatherapy oils, base oils and therapeutic grade essential oils.
Can you figure out the difference between your rose essential oil from peppermint, lavender or geranium? Perhaps yes, but, the efficacy of each has to be counted beyond its physical properties of fragrance and on its healing prowess.
A look at some of the widely accepted certified therapeutic grade essential oils, with health benefits:
An important ingredient in Asian kitchens, the spicy base of clove oil is a much touted remedy for headaches related to hangovers. Alternate health physicians prescribe clove as a solution for dental pains caused due to gum swelling and toothaches. A natural antiseptic - cuts, scrapes and bug bites can be treated with clove oil. Ear and stomach aches and nasal congestions can be checked with clove. Considered an aphrodisiac, clove is a good stress buster too.
2. Black Pepper:
An essential ingredient in almost all recipes, the oil extract aids digestion, offers relief from convulsions and cramps. It is good for warming up muscles joints and offers pain relief from arthritis. It has good anti-bacterial properties too.
The Christmas pine is harvested for its’ sharp needles that holds medicinal properties. It is an analgesic or pain reliever and offers good antiseptic and anti-bacterial cures. A treatment against dry skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, acne and pimple can find solace with pine oil. It acts as an antidote against food poisoning and also aids to cure respiratory disorders.
Rose Otto is most popular as an essential oil and is ideal for women and their well-being. Touted as a source of rejuvenation for women’s health needs, rose oil is reputed to balance hormones, treat PMS and menopause while improving overall skin health.
Popular for its first-aid action, this oil aids digestion, and fights headaches too. The soft fragrance of lavender has a calming impact on the nervous system; thus helps to, improve sleep, is a good adjunct for joint pain, urinary and respiratory problems. It also helps to manage high blood pressure and acne. Its’ anti-bacterial properties fights germs - no wonder it is used as a medicinal adjunct as well as in home cleaning products.
6. Sesame: The oil extract has moisturizing qualities, which make it a choice ingredient for hair and skin therapy. With a mild SPF factor, the fatty acid component in sesame is understood to relieve and lower stress and blood pressure.
Pure essential oils are mildly fragrant and do not have the strong scent in oils used for perfume. This mildness factor marks the ‘grade’ for aromatherapy.
About Author :-
Jean Laplanche is an author on health and skin care. He writes articles for therapeutic grade essential oils and
Health Articles1. Sensory Integration|best Pediatric Physiotherapists In Hulimavu,bangalore
Author: Sumitha Hemavathy
2. Everything About Vitamin B12
Author: DR. Sarika Nair
3. Modafinil Tablets Boost Executive Functions
Author: Lewis Paul
4. The Significance Of Dental Care To Your Overall Health
Author: Donnell Nash
5. Can Counselling Get You Out Of A Bad Relationship?
Author: Richard Gosling
6. 6 Herbal Extracts That Treat Daily Health Concerns Naturally
Author: Quantum Naturals
7. Tips For Ivf Success By Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
8. Pros And Cons Of Plastic Surgery
Author: Kelly Sanchez
9. How To Know The Effect Of The Invisalign Treatment?
Author: Joseph Donald
10. Heart: Care For It And Live Longer
11. How To Find The Perfect Orthodontist In Lafayette?
Author: Thomas Mark
12. Chose The Best In Orthopedic
Author: Sandeep Tomar
13. How Effective Are The Lung Test Devices And How Can It Keep You Healthy?
Author: Natasha Adhikary
14. The Best Cardiologists In India: Dr Naresh Trehan & Dr Ashok Seth
Author: Medical Services of India
15. Why You Should Go For Fermenting Foods And Vegetables
Author: Kriben Govender