ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Choosing Between Laminate Flooring And Cork Tiles Flooring
Total Articles: 3745
There are different ways of doing flooring in your home. The option that you settle for will determine how elegant your home will look like, and the value that you will receive for the money spent on flooring. One of the most common flooring options today laminate flooring. It is also known as floating wood tile. It consists of melamine and thin layers of sheets. You may be cheated into thinking that it is wood flooring is you have not seen these types of floors before.
The protection in laminate flooring is done in such a way that it cannot be harmed by strong objects. For this reason, it can be considered durable and easy to maintain. Pets and pests cannot damage this floor because of the protective layer. Even in high-traffic areas, this floor does not get damaged. Still, cleaning this floor is easy. Just using a mop and soapy water will leave the floor sparkling clean.
People love to laminate floors because one gets the hardwood look into their space without necessarily having to spend a lot of money on it- laminate floors are cheap. Better yet, one does not have to have a lot of skills and experience in order to install the floor.
You can install laminate floors on anything- apart from carpeted floors. Still, it can be removed without damaging the existing floor. People who are passionate about environmental conservation find this floor very ideal; because one does not have to go for the hardwood to install flooring in their spaces.
Disadvantages of Laminate Flooring
One thing that makes laminate flooring undesirable is that you cannot customize it. The floor is set by the manufacturer, and you cannot create your own unique look with the floor. Still, the floor is not good in noise reduction, and you will be heard from afar off when you step on it. Further, you will not get the warmth that comes with other types of floors when you install it. More so, they are not good for the wet areas because the floor tends to warp when exposed to moisture.
If you are not comfortable with laminate floors, you may opt for cork tiles. This type of flooring is a very good alternative to laminate flooring because:
• It is durable
• It reduces sound
• It comes in different designs and colors
• It can be used in wet areas such as kitchen and bathrooms.
• It is easy to maintain and clean.
However, there are some disadvantages that come with cork tiling such as:
• It is expensive.
• It requires experts to install it.
• It can be damaged by sharp objects.
The Most Important Thing
Whether you choose to laminate floors or cork tiling, you should go for the option that offers you more advantages. You need to consider the general theme in your space before making a decision. Further, you need to ensure that you are opting for flooring that is within your budgets.
Go to online sites if you are thinking about installing laminate flooring for your home. Here you will find advantages and disadvantages of this sort of flooring. Still, you will have the chance to consider one of the other options, http://icorkfloor.com/cork-wall-tiles.html cork tiles. With proper insights, you will be able to make the right choices as far as flooring is concerned.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Know About Interior Sliding Glass Doors For The Modern Home Or Office?
Author: Lyle Ganske
2. Tips And Tricks For Perth Kitchen Renovations
Author: the maker
3. Tropical Flowers: 4 Reasons Why They Make A Good Choice
Author: Tom Robinson
4. What To Watch Out For When Water Damage Occurs
Author: ServiceMaster by Wright
5. Key Factors That You Should Consider Choosing Emergency Plumber
Author: Bryson Kaleb
6. How To Buy The Right Bed Mattress Under Your Budget?
Author: Harish Chauhan
7. How To Choose The Best Window Blinds For Home Improvement
Author: Impress Blinds
8. The Increasing Importance Of Plant Protection & Its Approaches
Author: Paul Gooderham
9. How To Decrease Your Landscape Maintenance Hassle
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
10. Fall Maintenance Tips For Your Fauquier Horse Barn
Author: Bryson Kaleb
11. Pest Control For Saving Homes And Furniture Becomes Digitally Enhanced
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. Thinking Of Putting Up A Fence? Have A Look At Its Variants At First
Author: Michael Gilmore
13. Ways How You Can Save Your Roof From Premature Death
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Why To Hire Experts When You Plan To Buy A Property?
Author: Adam Leworthy
15. Important Criteria For Choosing A Horse Barn Shed
Author: Bryson Kaleb