ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Choosing Between Laminate Flooring And Cork Tiles Flooring
Total Articles: 3597
There are different ways of doing flooring in your home. The option that you settle for will determine how elegant your home will look like, and the value that you will receive for the money spent on flooring. One of the most common flooring options today laminate flooring. It is also known as floating wood tile. It consists of melamine and thin layers of sheets. You may be cheated into thinking that it is wood flooring is you have not seen these types of floors before.
The protection in laminate flooring is done in such a way that it cannot be harmed by strong objects. For this reason, it can be considered durable and easy to maintain. Pets and pests cannot damage this floor because of the protective layer. Even in high-traffic areas, this floor does not get damaged. Still, cleaning this floor is easy. Just using a mop and soapy water will leave the floor sparkling clean.
People love to laminate floors because one gets the hardwood look into their space without necessarily having to spend a lot of money on it- laminate floors are cheap. Better yet, one does not have to have a lot of skills and experience in order to install the floor.
You can install laminate floors on anything- apart from carpeted floors. Still, it can be removed without damaging the existing floor. People who are passionate about environmental conservation find this floor very ideal; because one does not have to go for the hardwood to install flooring in their spaces.
Disadvantages of Laminate Flooring
One thing that makes laminate flooring undesirable is that you cannot customize it. The floor is set by the manufacturer, and you cannot create your own unique look with the floor. Still, the floor is not good in noise reduction, and you will be heard from afar off when you step on it. Further, you will not get the warmth that comes with other types of floors when you install it. More so, they are not good for the wet areas because the floor tends to warp when exposed to moisture.
If you are not comfortable with laminate floors, you may opt for cork tiles. This type of flooring is a very good alternative to laminate flooring because:
• It is durable
• It reduces sound
• It comes in different designs and colors
• It can be used in wet areas such as kitchen and bathrooms.
• It is easy to maintain and clean.
However, there are some disadvantages that come with cork tiling such as:
• It is expensive.
• It requires experts to install it.
• It can be damaged by sharp objects.
The Most Important Thing
Whether you choose to laminate floors or cork tiling, you should go for the option that offers you more advantages. You need to consider the general theme in your space before making a decision. Further, you need to ensure that you are opting for flooring that is within your budgets.
Go to online sites if you are thinking about installing laminate flooring for your home. Here you will find advantages and disadvantages of this sort of flooring. Still, you will have the chance to consider one of the other options, http://icorkfloor.com/cork-wall-tiles.html cork tiles. With proper insights, you will be able to make the right choices as far as flooring is concerned.
Home and Garden Articles1. Mosaic Tiles - Creating Attractive Illusion
Author: Emily Stone
2. How Could Floor-to-ceiling Windows Enhance The Room Appeal?
Author: Patrick Martin
3. How To Find Your Contractor At Waterloo To Renovate Kitchen -
Author: James Kyle
4. Act Wise During A Plumbing Emergency – Important Tips To Follow
Author: Nicholas Calleija
5. Nutruflo Ntf-07, Da29-00020b Haf-cin/exp, Easy To Install, Refrigerator Water Filter
6. How Promotional Products Can Help Boost Sales In Kelowna?
Author: Liam Noah
7. How To Decorative Concrete Finishing Can Improve Residential Homes?
Author: Mark Moore
8. How To Choose The Best Roof Replacement Abbotsford For Your Home?
Author: Kyrie Irving
9. Top Benefits Of Remodeling Your Kitchen
Author: John Cooper
10. Why Should You Invest In The Portable Hot Spa Tub
Author: Chris Stokes
11. Things To Remember When You Install Window Blinds
Author: Stewart Graham
12. Why Do People Buy Cream Chargers With Best Deals In Present Day Scenario
Author: Kathy Richy
13. Personalities Of Fairy Houses
Author: Lauren Kyes
14. Useful Benefits Of A House Attic Vent Fan
Author: George Dean
15. Trimming And Pruning Of Palm Trees
Author: Trimming and Pruning of Palm Trees