ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
7 Most Common Mistakes In Ecommerce Design
Total Articles: 1
7 Most Common Mistakes in eCommerce Design
Vending online can stimulate wider markets for many businesses. It could be a great boon for your business if your store is open for 24/7 and if you can reach a global market without any mailing costs. But there are a lot of things to be considered while designing an eCommerce website. Because, some minor mistakes could kill your sales to a greater extent.
Most common mistakes made while designing an eCommerce website:
1. Lack of detailed information on the product:
eCommerce sites need to do their best to enhance the shopping experience. If a customer is left thinking over the specifications of a product, they are more likely to go elsewhere to get the information.
Provide detailed information on the product like size, material, dimensions, weight, and other pertinent information.
2. Hiding contact information:
Customers have to be sure about the company’s authenticity as they are providing you with their credit card information. If your site has no contact information, or hides it from the consumer, they wouldn’t want to continue their trade with you.
Provide contact information on every page of your website in an easy-to-find place.
3. Confusing checkout process:
If the checkout process is more confusing, it is more likely for a customer to leave your site without completing their order. So, make it easy for customers to place their order.
An ideal checkout process just includes a page to check the order, enter billing information and a final confirmation page to submit the order.
4. Requiring an account to order:
If you need your customers to sign up for an account before they can place their order, it’s another hurdle that you are placing in their path. Give them an option to save their account information to place any orders in future.
5. Inadequate site search engine:
If the customers exactly know what they’re looking for, they opt to use a search engine instead of going through several categories and filters.
You have to be sure that the search feature on your site is working well.
Make sure that the eCommerce tool you’re using has a good search engine.
6. Tiny product images:
Since customers are not able to handle the products physically, you need to do as much as you can to improve and recreate the shopping experience. Smaller images of a product don’t do this effectually.
Provide larger images right on the product page itself or allow users to click on the image to zoom it in.
7. Poor shopping cart design:
A shopping cart is a vital part of your eCommerce website. It has to allow users to add multiple products and to revise the quantities.
Let your customers remove an item or edit the quantities of items in their cart. Also, let them preview the shipping charges before they start checking out.
We at Fortune Innovations Sydney , have a team of skilful developers who are competent in providing effective eCommerce solutions. Do get in touch with us for any requirement on design and development of an eCommerce website.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Landing Page Explainer Video
Author: Rahul Pawar
2. A Deserving Competitor 10.or D Review
Author: Avni Sharma
3. Authoritative Trend Of Digital Marketing Through Content Copy Writing
Author: Digital Prosoft
4. Top 5 Benefits Of Hiring Outsource Seo Services
5. Not Getting All You Want From Professional Business Listing Directory? Take This Step
Author: John Smith
6. 3 Tips To Get Success In Your Business With Online Marketing Services
Author: Meenakshi Jain
7. Choosing The Seo Company In Sydney - What You Need To Know
Author: Mario Sazos
8. Role Of Internet Marketing In Automotive Industry
Author: Gary Martin
9. Find A Professional Graphic Designer In Cambridge
Author: Matthew Gary
10. How To Build An Ecommerce Platform In India?
Author: Gaurav Jain
11. Top 3 Reasons Why Marketplace Sellers Should Build An Online Store
Author: Gaurav Jain
12. Landing Page Whiteboard Video
Author: Rahul Pawar
13. Coupsteer - Celebrity & Political Digital Marketing Agency India
Author: Prateek Jadhav
14. Global Incident Response Services Market
Author: Shivani Singh
15. Grow Your Business Online With Best Online Marketing Service Provider