ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Budget For A Bucket List Vacation
Total Articles: 213
Cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, discount travel deals, and cheap vacation packages all help make travel affordable. However, such travel still costs money and often requires some disciplined savings.
The following are suggestions on how to budget for a bucket list vacation or even just your next vacation, according to Melissa Massello, the founder of the website ShoestringMag:
• Determine how much you will need to save. Afterwards figure out how much that will mean you have to save weekly or per paycheck in order to reach your goal. If after later research you find out that you trip will cost more than you initially thought, you will need to adjust your budget or timeline accordingly.
• Research your destination, finding out as much as possible including things smaller things such as the average cab fare and whether tipping is customary. Ask friends and family who have traveled to your destination about prices there, including accommodations, airfare, dinning, and activities. Consumer travel resources such as SmarterTravel and Lonely Planet can help you develop realistic destination expenses.
Take into account additional travel costs such as health insurance, passport renewals, cell phone roaming charges, baggage fees, and other logistical expenses. After including every expense that you can think of, add in another 20 percent so that you will have extra money for things and more importantly, activities that you did not anticipate before your departure.
• If you think that a budgeting tool would help, look into mobile apps, such as “Mint” that tracks expenses, manages account balances, and reminds you when to pay bills. Mint sends users a snapshot of their spending weekly.
• Look into ways to augment your cash on hand. People often overlook old savings bonds, stagnant stocks, or unused valuables, particularly jewelry that will never be worn again. Consider hosting a massive yard sale. Get your kids involved in helping saving by babysitting, mowing lawns, or raking leaves to create some vacation pocket change.
• Make a point to save every single day. For example, passing up your daily $5 latte is a relatively painless way to accumulate meaningful savings over time. Download a budgeting app or frequently check your bank balance to see where your money is being spent. Instead of mindlessly paying for everything with your debit or credit card, withdraw a predetermined amount of cash once a week and then use that for your daily purchases. Remember every dinner out you skip you will take you one step closer to your vacation.
• Make sure you have fun while living on a budget. Budgeting does not mean you have to stay inside for weeks on end. There are endless numbers of free nightlife events in every major city every night of the week. Concert halls, libraries, universities, and YMCAs are all great places to find, fun, free entertainment.
• Keep yourself motivated and inspired while saving for your trip of a lifetime. For example, if your buck list trip is to visit Argentina, take a Spanish language or tango class. Social media sites can serve as great inspirational tools. On Pinterest you can pin magnificent photos of your destination and create possible itineraries of must see sights. Consider changing your smartphone’s background to an inspiring image of your eventual getaway.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family