ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Avoid Sewer Line Damage
Total Articles: 10
While we tend to not think about it much, the sewer lines leading to our homes are an integral part of our ability to live comfortably, isn’t it? However, when these lines do become damaged, we start to notice how important they really are. While it doesn’t happen often, sewer lines can be damaged for a variety of reasons. Today, we’ll talk about a few of the main reasons we see sewer line damage and what you can do to protect your home. So, let’s get right to it.
Sewer Line Damage Causes. As mentioned above, sewer line damage can have a variety of causes. However, the most common reasons for the damage include…
Tree Roots – The most common reason sewer lines get damaged is tree roots. As tree roots grow near sewer lines, they can bend, break, or even block sewer lines entirely.
Clay Pipes – Many sewer lines in older homes are built out of clay pipes. While these were a great way to go years ago, these days we’ve learned that clay pipes have a habit of cracking and breaking down over time.
Foundation Issues – Foundation issues in your home could cause sewer line damage as well. For instance, if the foundation of the home is not properly built and maintained, it could slowly sink; essentially bending, breaking, or clogging sewer lines.
How To Protect Your Home From Sewer Line Damage
Luckily, there are a few steps you can take to protect your home from sewer line damage. While these steps won’t guarantee that you’ll have no damage in the future, they will make it incredibly unlikely.
Step #1: Know Where Your Sewer Line Is
First and foremost, it’s important to know where your sewer line is. This way, when gardening, you can avoid hitting the line with a shovel. Also, this allows you to avoid planting trees in areas that are close to sewer lines; causing harm to the lines over time.
Step #2: Properly Maintain Your Home’s Foundation
Ensuring that you have no foundational issues in your home will help to make sure that the sewer lines running underneath it are safe!
Step #3: Change Outdated Pipes
If you know that your sewer line is built up of clay pipes, it may be best to have a plumber come out and change them before they cause an issue. While it may come with a rather hefty price tag, the price for changing the lines before an issue arises will be much less than the cost of fixing the issue and changing the lines after one arises.
Though we generally don’t think about sewer lines, not thinking about them could be a costly mistake. Proper maintenance can help you avoid expensive issues in the future.
Howell Services is dedicated to enhancing the level of indoor comfort control for our Fort Bend residential and commercial HVAC customers with the latest in air conditioning, heating and indoor air quality technologies. For air conditioning repair in Katy TX OR air conditioning repair in Sugar Land TX, call us at 281-232-5292 or visit us at http://howell-services.com/plumbing-services/!
Home and Garden Articles1. Things To Consider Before Bathroom Remodeling
Author: James Luke
2. Leading Dealer And Retailer Of All Types Of Carpets In Pune
Author: Carpet House
3. Top 5 Benefits Of Owning A Kitchen Chimney
Author: Brijesh Kumar
4. Why You Should Invest In A Hot Tub?
Author: Jason Marley
5. Home Ventilation System – Proper Roof Vents For Circulation Of Air
Author: George Dean
6. Steps Taken By Packers And Movers For The Safety And Security Of Goods
7. Designer Table Covers Create A Magnificent Table Tops
8. Creative And Interesting Ideas For Home Improvement Projects
Author: Cathy Irons
9. 3 Success Tips For A Residential Interior Painting Project
Author: Christina Chen
10. 3 Tips To Buy Best Spa Suppliers For Your Luxury Day Spa
Author: Jason Marley
11. Do You Have Retractable Pergolas Installed? Here's How To Maintain It
Author: Steve Nakousis
12. Shree Karni Interior Designers In Electronic City
Author: Shree Karni
13. Contemporary Privacy Screens Suggestions To Provide You The Privacy You Need
Author: Emily Stone
14. 9 Tips In Planning A Bathroom Remodel In Phoenix
15. Cheap Furniture Movers Auckland And Their Cost Break-ups
Author: Sophie Clarck