ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Are You Taking Good Care Of Your Custom Upholstered Furniture?
Total Articles: 691
You’ve bought the custom upholstered furniture of your dreams but are you really taking good care of it? Buying custom built furniture can work out to be quite costly and you therefore do need to ensure that you take excellent care of it. If not, your upholstery will lose luster and you will quickly lose interest in it, making you wonder why you bought it in the first place. Thankfully, it is quite easy to look after your custom built furniture and you won’t even have to spend a lot of time and effort to do it.
• Clean your furniture often. Use a dry cloth to wipe away dust from all over including every nook and cranny. Vacuum clean away dust from the cushions and frames at least once every ten days.
• Take care of any spills as soon as they occur. You are bound to drop things on your sofas or chairs no matter how careful you are. However, you should use a damp cloth to dab them away spills as soon as you notice them before they cause deep staining. Avoid using a lot of water to clean up stains because it will go deep into the cushioning and damage it badly.
• Protect your furniture upholstery by using fabric protectors that repel soil, food or water. If you live in a very humid place then you should also use a chemical product that prevents the growth of mildews.
• Keep your furniture away from the damaging rays of the sun. The ultraviolet rays in sunlight can fade and weaken fibers very badly.
• Try to keep the furniture in a room that has fresh air. If the air is polluted and foul smelling then the cushions and upholstery will also smell bad and you will not be able to get rid of the odor easily.
• Flip the cushions and turn them around occasionally. This will help them retain the same thickness throughout and avoid wearing out unevenly. Do keep in mind that people tend to sit on their favorite chairs or sides of the sofa to the exclusion of others and this can lead to unequal usage.
• Get professional help when all else fails. If you have a large and deep stain on the upholstery of your custom design furniture then you definitely need to get a professional clear to sort it out before the problem becomes worse.
You will love the way your custom made furniture looks if you take good care of it. Do keep a few hours aside every week for cleaning your upholstery for the best results.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma