ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Are You Taking Good Care Of Your Custom Upholstered Furniture?
Total Articles: 750
You’ve bought the custom upholstered furniture of your dreams but are you really taking good care of it? Buying custom built furniture can work out to be quite costly and you therefore do need to ensure that you take excellent care of it. If not, your upholstery will lose luster and you will quickly lose interest in it, making you wonder why you bought it in the first place. Thankfully, it is quite easy to look after your custom built furniture and you won’t even have to spend a lot of time and effort to do it.
• Clean your furniture often. Use a dry cloth to wipe away dust from all over including every nook and cranny. Vacuum clean away dust from the cushions and frames at least once every ten days.
• Take care of any spills as soon as they occur. You are bound to drop things on your sofas or chairs no matter how careful you are. However, you should use a damp cloth to dab them away spills as soon as you notice them before they cause deep staining. Avoid using a lot of water to clean up stains because it will go deep into the cushioning and damage it badly.
• Protect your furniture upholstery by using fabric protectors that repel soil, food or water. If you live in a very humid place then you should also use a chemical product that prevents the growth of mildews.
• Keep your furniture away from the damaging rays of the sun. The ultraviolet rays in sunlight can fade and weaken fibers very badly.
• Try to keep the furniture in a room that has fresh air. If the air is polluted and foul smelling then the cushions and upholstery will also smell bad and you will not be able to get rid of the odor easily.
• Flip the cushions and turn them around occasionally. This will help them retain the same thickness throughout and avoid wearing out unevenly. Do keep in mind that people tend to sit on their favorite chairs or sides of the sofa to the exclusion of others and this can lead to unequal usage.
• Get professional help when all else fails. If you have a large and deep stain on the upholstery of your custom design furniture then you definitely need to get a professional clear to sort it out before the problem becomes worse.
You will love the way your custom made furniture looks if you take good care of it. Do keep a few hours aside every week for cleaning your upholstery for the best results.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden