ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
A Look At Cork Flooring For Your Basement
Total Articles: 3697
For some people, the basement is one of the least important rooms in the house and as such, many people don’t give a damn on the kind of basement flooring that they use. However, your basement is as equally important as other rooms such as the bedroom and the living room and it is essential that you are very careful when selecting a floor to use. When you design the basement in the best way possible, you will be amazed at the kind of comfort and happiness that this room will provide you with.
Your basement is very important
Even if you don’t agree with this, the basement is a very important room at your home and it is essential that you exercise a lot of creativity which picking a flooring material to use. Even though the basement is used commonly as a storage area, installing cork flooring is also a simple way of turning your basement in to a place for recreation, creativity and rest. In fact, you will be amazed to find that some people have designed their basements creatively and even converted it to some beautiful extra bedrooms or even a playing area for your kitchen. This is possible to achieve and cork tiles can help you it easily and make this part of the house very unique.
Cork flooring for basement
While there are many options available at your disposal when looking for a basement flooring, cork floors are an ideal option that you should certainly consider. However, as you might have probably noticed, some homeowners are a little hesitant to install cork flooring in their basement but of course, you certainly can’t blame them. One of their main arguments behind this is that the basement is an area that is highly prone to moisture and the cork floor stands to become damaged in case it gets in touch with the water. Actually, this is a sensible argument since the moisture may seep from the concrete right on the cork floor and when this happens, it can really wreak a havoc on the cork tiles. However, the good thing is that this can be prevented from happening in the first place.
Homes which use cork flooring for their basements usually use a floating floor design and this is the best type of cork floor that you should use. With this, after installation of the plywood on the concrete floor, the cork tiles are then laid over it. This acts as a moisture barrier and there are cork tiles without groves and are the best ones to use for the floating basement floor system. This way, you don’t have to worry at all about the cork floor becoming ruined by water in the basement.
The basement flooring can at times be one of the most used flooring at the house. Considering that it is highly susceptible to damage due to a wide range of reasons, it is essential that you make an informed decision and opt for http://cancork.com/printed-cork-flooring.html cork flooring for your basement.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden