ALL >> Business >> View Article
Some Tips For The Successful Byod Environment
Total Articles: 62
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) environments are becoming increasingly popular with organizations and employees alike. And why wouldn’t they? After all, they save the company from having to purchase devices for each employee, and employees generally prefer to use their own devices. Not only that, they already have them—according to some estimates, there will be 2 billion Smartphone users by the end of 2015. Finally, mobile internet is almost everywhere now, thanks to these devices. However, BYOD environments can go wrong if organizations don’t go about them in the right manner. Here are five tips for creating and maintaining a successful BYOD environment.
1. Implement a BYOD Acceptable Use Policy
So, your network already prevents users from going to Facebook or Reddit from their desks, but it obviously isn’t going to be able to do that on employee’s personal mobile devices. That doesn’t mean you have to give up all control, however; in fact, it’s important you don’t. Create an acceptable use policy which applies only when the employee is connected through the organization’s VPN.
2. Require Device Security
Employees don’t like using lock screens, and when they do use them, they tend to opt for four digit pin numbers. This simply isn’t secure enough. Require that any device permitted on the company’s VPN be password protected, to add another layer of protection should the device be lost or accessed by someone else.
3. Clearly Communicate Which Devices are Permitted
Be clear from the beginning what devices will be allowed on the company’s network, including operating systems and hardware. You may also wish to control the number of mobile devices which can access the network per employee—the fewer you have to deal with, the better.
4. Managing Remote Wipes
Ideally, your employees should connect through a virtual workspace which prevents information from being stored on their devices, but this isn’t always practical. As a result, you’ll need to be clear with employees who use their own devices on the network about the potential for remotely wiping the phone. Counsel employees on the importance of backing up their personal data, photos, and files in the event that their phone must be wiped remotely to protect company data.
5. Set Up Policies for Employees who Leave the Company
Remote wiping isn’t the only issue organizations must deal with, when it comes to taking devices off the network. What measures will be taken when an employee leaves the company? There should be policies in place before the company has to consider this, because most employees aren’t going to consent to remote wiping should they decide to resign. In this case, there should be a clear plan in place for protecting the employee’s personal information, while ensuring that company data is completely removed from the phone and further access to the network is prevented.
BYOD security isn’t easy, but it’s getting easier as more companies adapt their IT security infrastructure to support the use of employee owned devices.
Business Articles1. Eglobedata Released Most Accurate Real Estate Industry Email List And Build New Revenue Streams
Author: Brayden Tyler
2. Switch To Pharmacists Email List For Getting Cost Effective And Good Return
Author: Andrew Rayel
3. Explore An Opportunity For New Business Prospects With Business Development Executives Email Lists
Author: Charles Daniel
4. Ideal Instrument Services Are The Leading Dealer And Distributor Of Mitutoyo Products In Pune
Author: biz porto
5. Landed House Exterior Contractor – A Preferred Landed Property Renovation Contractor Singapore Can S
Author: James Han
6. Why You May Need A Photobooth On Your Big Day
7. Carpet Styles
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc.
8. Trade Show Display Rental- All You Require For Incredible Brand Value
Author: Daniel Wilson
9. Scada Free – Access Data From Remote Location Easily With The Help Of Web Scada !
Author: Archer Finch
10. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog Part - I
Author: Unknown Member
11. Documentation Of Employee Discussions Is All Important
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog
Author: Unknown Member
13. Best Scar Removal Creams
14. Why Should You Hire Huntington Beach Dry Cleansing Service Provider?
Author: Robert Paul
15. Rajasthan College Of Engineering For Women
Author: Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women